Second person with the same issue. Might as well look for a tailor.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1846
Styleforum Top Picks
Leather is tough. The differences that you get from random accidents are usually very subtle when contrasted with high-wear and abrasion prone areas. Random abrasions aren't very noticeable on camera nor in person. You can feel this subtle suede effect, and with black, the spot becomes a matted black - just like suede. Regular abrasion slowly turns the area into a fuzzy textured blue or green, which will turn white when the wear gets pretty severe (think mold in terms of texture and color).
If the body of the jacket fits tight and you don't stuff the pockets with legos, then you probably aren't going to get any noticeable wrinkles - the jacket just drapes. Bombers are a different story, because there's room to wrinkle.
Wow, wouldn't have guessed that kind of age. It looks great.
I read through a lot of this topic and went over a lot of calf vs lamb debates, where people thought lamb would fall apart or start scuffing into an indigo color.
Few quick fit pics with a turtleneck underneath the dark brown goatskin MDR. I wanted it to have some room so that I'll be able to layer and also to have a little room for muscle growth so it is intentional that it's not skin tight. Big thanks to Charly for helping out with the sizing! Same problem here with the sleeve opening but they are okay with a thick knit so at least for now it's not that big issue for me. (Cuff opening 5,5" in this one)
Edited by Joona - 2/20/13 at 12:37pm
Some new material news: lots of new goat colors. The new ones are unglazed, so less sheen than the goat we've previously used. Will put those and the few newer post-color chart colors I missed onto a new updated color chart. New goat is very nice, same pebbled texture, normal sheen, colors from olive to yellow (which is pretty pleasant, for being yellow leather) - and then apart from that:
- We have gold zippers now. Only for black leathers, but in both men's and women's sizes.
- As you saw in some sneak peeks, we started putting together samples for a bunch of wool coats, but I've taken a pause on those, releasing later, and want to make some things in a pure 100% silk waffle knit I've found. A TOJ0 reboot in minimalist form is part of those plans, as is a new-gen baseball jacket, amongst others. Don't ask if it's waterproof, it's not. It's hater-proof, though.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Clarks Desert Boots 1 second ago
- › Introduce yourself. 18 seconds ago
- › NWT Ralph Lauren Black Label Suits–NAVY–Anthony–36S, 36R, 38S,... 1 minute ago
- › Degree of Branding in Classic Menswear 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Clothing Insights and 2015 Clothing Plans 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Golden Bear Black 32oz Wool Melton Wool Pea Coat 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...