Second person with the same issue. Might as well look for a tailor.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1846
Styleforum Top Picks
Leather is tough. The differences that you get from random accidents are usually very subtle when contrasted with high-wear and abrasion prone areas. Random abrasions aren't very noticeable on camera nor in person. You can feel this subtle suede effect, and with black, the spot becomes a matted black - just like suede. Regular abrasion slowly turns the area into a fuzzy textured blue or green, which will turn white when the wear gets pretty severe (think mold in terms of texture and color).
If the body of the jacket fits tight and you don't stuff the pockets with legos, then you probably aren't going to get any noticeable wrinkles - the jacket just drapes. Bombers are a different story, because there's room to wrinkle.
Wow, wouldn't have guessed that kind of age. It looks great.
I read through a lot of this topic and went over a lot of calf vs lamb debates, where people thought lamb would fall apart or start scuffing into an indigo color.
Few quick fit pics with a turtleneck underneath the dark brown goatskin MDR. I wanted it to have some room so that I'll be able to layer and also to have a little room for muscle growth so it is intentional that it's not skin tight. Big thanks to Charly for helping out with the sizing! Same problem here with the sleeve opening but they are okay with a thick knit so at least for now it's not that big issue for me. (Cuff opening 5,5" in this one)
Edited by Joona - 2/20/13 at 12:37pm
Some new material news: lots of new goat colors. The new ones are unglazed, so less sheen than the goat we've previously used. Will put those and the few newer post-color chart colors I missed onto a new updated color chart. New goat is very nice, same pebbled texture, normal sheen, colors from olive to yellow (which is pretty pleasant, for being yellow leather) - and then apart from that:
- We have gold zippers now. Only for black leathers, but in both men's and women's sizes.
- As you saw in some sneak peeks, we started putting together samples for a bunch of wool coats, but I've taken a pause on those, releasing later, and want to make some things in a pure 100% silk waffle knit I've found. A TOJ0 reboot in minimalist form is part of those plans, as is a new-gen baseball jacket, amongst others. Don't ask if it's waterproof, it's not. It's hater-proof, though.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › *** The SW&D Hair and Grooming thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 17 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 23 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)