or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1840

post #27586 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

Yeah I was worried about it but I think MDR was the right choice for sure. Will be shipped either this or next week. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Uncontrol Rider rides tomorrow. devil.gif Gonna not do any more spoilers, since the shipping is so fast on that anyway. Fur should be huge and fluffy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

Can't waiiit. I hope the fur isn't TOO huge though, but you saw my examples so I trust you :3

Just saying, you were excited for your jacket too when it came. People even joined in on your excitement, which is great. Also, magicalporks has a point, it gives people an idea as to what their wait time may be.
post #27587 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

Holy crap, it went out on Friday and its already in Canada. Would prob be here tomorrow but its a holiday.
Canada post has delivery on family day smile.gif
post #27588 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

Lol! I bought an ivory 4zip dr with silver zips! biggrin.gif

whoa
post #27589 of 42020

sigh... usps does not deliver on president's day

post #27590 of 42020
Ignore Brad, he's dumb

Ivory jacket sounds awesome.
post #27591 of 42020
Red DR got here a week ago + and A-2 is in the mail. I couldn't be happier, also the DR fits just about perfect.
post #27592 of 42020

So I've decided to pull the trigger on a new TOJ, the problem is I can't decide what I want.  I've narrowed it down to two choices: T-1 in diesel blue or A2 in dark chocolate FQHH Drew posted a picture of a couple weeks back.  Hopefully you guys can offer some guidance on which piece might work best for me. 

 

The stuff I usually wear is pretty basic, raw indigo denim 90% of the time, black or grey denim the other 10%, tops are black, white, and various shades of grey t-shirts, white and light blue OCBD, and plaid workshirts (think RRL type stuff), and either sneakers or low key boots (MMM side zips, desert boots).

 

One question I have (and Drew might be the best one to answer this) is would the A2 even be good in a presumably stiffer leather like FQHH as opposed to the soft lamb and goat people usually get?  Or is FQHH better for stuff like the moto style jackets?  One of the things I really like about the A2 is that when the sizing is spot on, it's got this really relaxed yet elegant silhouette, it just exudes effortless cool, and I'm not sure if stiff leather might ruin this.  fwiw, I already have a black lamb DR so I've had the TOJ lamb experience and know how great it is.

 

On the other hand, Synth has made the T-1 one of the fucking coolest looking jackets on this whole website, and I'd love to see what I could do with a diesel blue T-1.

 

Ahhhh, really torn here.  Wish I had the funds to acquire both #firstworldproblems

post #27593 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Ignore Brad, he's dumb

correct and sorry. I should keep my jerky thoughts to myself
post #27594 of 42020
Bomber guy will only work in lamb, IIRC.
post #27595 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post

Bomber guy will only work in lamb, IIRC.


Hrmmm, that would make the decision a little easier then I guess...

post #27596 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirwest View Post

So I've decided to pull the trigger on a new TOJ, the problem is I can't decide what I want.  I've narrowed it down to two choices: T-1 in diesel blue or A2 in dark chocolate FQHH Drew posted a picture of a couple weeks back.  Hopefully you guys can offer some guidance on which piece might work best for me. 

The stuff I usually wear is pretty basic, raw indigo denim 90% of the time, black or grey denim the other 10%, tops are black, white, and various shades of grey t-shirts, white and light blue OCBD, and plaid workshirts (think RRL type stuff), and either sneakers or low key boots (MMM side zips, desert boots).

One question I have (and Drew might be the best one to answer this) is would the A2 even be good in a presumably stiffer leather like FQHH as opposed to the soft lamb and goat people usually get?  Or is FQHH better for stuff like the moto style jackets?  One of the things I really like about the A2 is that when the sizing is spot on, it's got this really relaxed yet elegant silhouette, it just exudes effortless cool, and I'm not sure if stiff leather might ruin this.  fwiw, I already have a black lamb DR so I've had the TOJ lamb experience and know how great it is.

On the other hand, Synth has made the T-1 one of the fucking coolest looking jackets on this whole website, and I'd love to see what I could do with a diesel blue T-1.

Ahhhh, really torn here.  Wish I had the funds to acquire both #firstworldproblems

I'll cast my vote for the A-2. I think it is probably more suitable for a wider variety of scenarios. Since you like the dark chocolate color, but are concerned about the FQHH in a bomber, perhaps try the dark brown goat (assuming you like the texture)? It is kind of "in between" lamb and horsehide and from the pictures, looks really sick as the A-2 (in my opinion).

After that, you can save up for a T-1 should you wish to.
post #27597 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post


I'll cast my vote for the A-2. I think it is probably more suitable for a wider variety of scenarios. Since you like the dark chocolate color, but are concerned about the FQHH in a bomber, perhaps try the dark brown goat (assuming you like the texture)? It is kind of "in between" lamb and horsehide and from the pictures, looks really sick as the A-2 (in my opinion).

After that, you can save up for a T-1 should you wish to.

 

I'm not super crazy about the pebbled texture of the goat.  I'm intrigued about the FQHH since it was described as "unusually nice."  If FQHH is a no go, I'd go T-1 before a brown lamb A2 just because it seems like the A2 is one of those staple TOJ pieces like a moto or a MDR that will always be around in some form while the T-1 is a fringier piece that might get the ax once new pieces are introduced.

post #27598 of 42020
Quote:
Originally Posted by noirwest View Post

I'm not super crazy about the pebbled texture of the goat.  I'm intrigued about the FQHH since it was described as "unusually nice."  If FQHH is a no go, I'd go T-1 before a brown lamb A2 just because it seems like the A2 is one of those staple TOJ pieces like a moto or a MDR that will always be around in some form while the T-1 is a fringier piece that might get the ax once new pieces are introduced.

Ah, just a suggestion, but you make a good point I did not consider. The A-2 will probably be available for a long time in some form.
post #27599 of 42020
Got a tracking number today. mfw:

post #27600 of 42020
Lifestyle pic of A-2:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011