Forgot about this?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1838
Can anyone help me with a fit on the TOJ0 varsity? How does it compare to something like the DR? The TOJ1?
I've been advised by another SF user to size up to 52, but the fit guide on http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/0/ says a 52 has 29 inch sleeves. That just seems incredibly long and kind of blows my mind. If I have a 41 inch chest, would a 52 in the TOJ0 (or other varsities) really be a better fit than the 50?
I know the "TOJ Multiplier" says my chest measurements for their jackets in inches are about 43, 44, and 45 inch for tight to loose.
Let me know how whatever purchase you make works out. I have basically the exact same measurements as you, and I am also looking to score eventually a TOJ0 varsity.
I decided against the purchase for now. The TOJ0 is on ebay in all black, size 52. I really wanted the Raglan sleeves though.
How stupid will I look if I wear a DR that sits about 2-3 inches below my belt? This thing basically rests just past my hips. I know most pictures of these jackets have them ending right on the belt. Should I flip this thing or is this kind of fit worth living with? My OCD tendencies are seriously bleeding out right now.
edit: The arms are kind of snug with a longsleeve shirt on too. No way i'd ever layer with this...
(I got this jacket second hand from a taller person)
Edited by Distorbiant - 2/17/13 at 3:03am
Could you post a picture? My DR fits right at the hip, which I prefer. I've seen some DR fit too cropped but not many that fit too long, could you show us what it looks like?
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Grey suit combo (for wedding) - Help required 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Blue Label MEGATHREAD 40R, 42R, 42L, 44L 6 minutes ago
- › Is there a name for this type of textured leather... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Post your photography skills! (self-gloss) 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw