If I land a nice, paid summer intern, will grab a bcdr and suede t1/t3. Want the ma-1 too but I feel like there's too much overlap with my black toj1.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1838
Styleforum Top Picks
Can anyone help me with a fit on the TOJ0 varsity? How does it compare to something like the DR? The TOJ1?
I've been advised by another SF user to size up to 52, but the fit guide on http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/0/ says a 52 has 29 inch sleeves. That just seems incredibly long and kind of blows my mind. If I have a 41 inch chest, would a 52 in the TOJ0 (or other varsities) really be a better fit than the 50?
I know the "TOJ Multiplier" says my chest measurements for their jackets in inches are about 43, 44, and 45 inch for tight to loose.
Let me know how whatever purchase you make works out. I have basically the exact same measurements as you, and I am also looking to score eventually a TOJ0 varsity.
I decided against the purchase for now. The TOJ0 is on ebay in all black, size 52. I really wanted the Raglan sleeves though.
How stupid will I look if I wear a DR that sits about 2-3 inches below my belt? This thing basically rests just past my hips. I know most pictures of these jackets have them ending right on the belt. Should I flip this thing or is this kind of fit worth living with? My OCD tendencies are seriously bleeding out right now.
edit: The arms are kind of snug with a longsleeve shirt on too. No way i'd ever layer with this...
(I got this jacket second hand from a taller person)
Edited by Distorbiant - 2/17/13 at 3:03am
Could you post a picture? My DR fits right at the hip, which I prefer. I've seen some DR fit too cropped but not many that fit too long, could you show us what it looks like?
I have to go to work but I'll come back with a fit pic soon. It looks okay open but the fact that it's just over my hips/ass makes it kind of hard to close in general. I can only wear it closed when I zip up the bottom zipper a little. This has to be a sign to lay off the waffle chicken sandwiches
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Worn Once Alden 795 Color 8 Shell Cordovan LWB 8E Barrie 1 minute ago
- › Best suit for ~$200? 5 minutes ago
- › Frederick Scholte 6 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › New with tags: Epaulet Nightshade Flannel Walts size 32 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › show us your closet 19 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 20 minutes ago
- › Wings + Horns SS14 30 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...