Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1814
Styleforum Top Picks
6"2 180 ish should make this Large interesting then
It really depends on the type of fit you're looking for and if you're trying to leave room for a lot of layering. I'm looking for more of a slim/trim look and since the Fishtail is more of a boxy cut i decided to size down. I'll post some fit-pics tonight so you can see for yourself.
How tall are you, Reedo?
TOJ 48 should translate to a very slim 48 or even a 46 right? IIRC you're not a short dude and a 46 is pretty damn small.
You seem to care about being in shape (low bodyfat, big drop,etc), but it seems like you've got a problem maintaining it as you often talk about you starting to grow out of your stuff. If you're one of those cardio guys that don't eat anything cause you're afraid of getting fat, you're doing it wrong.
Hit the heavy weights, get some basic strength and muscle to bump up your metabolism, and then drop all of that fat with a clean and calculated cut. No, you won't get "bulky". You'll most likely look better, get better posture, and most importantly, it'll be a lot easier to stay lean since your body needs more calories to maintain. You'll be bumped up a size, but then your sleeves won't be too short.
TLDR: work out smarter, accept you'll be a size bigger, eat and be happy.
Pretty sure Nil is 6' 4" and 205 lbs (ish) and a size large peacoat fit him. So a large duffle ought to fit you.
Conceptionist is correct in his statements, but I am not sure I agree with his initial advice. You probably have the muscle there, you just can't see it due to your % bf. You might try something like p90x as a cutting program. Essentially you want to workout, but with a bit of a caloric deficit. However, if you do want to get big/muscular, then follow what he says.
I think he might be asking for a more realistic figure. My 7-10 week Moto and 8 week Fishtail are at 12 and 10 respectively. I don't particularly mind because I look forward to the finished product but I can see how you could get impatient if you really expected it within that frame.
the additional time is intentional...they are lying to you about the initial quote time
building mystique...that's their marketing technique
So should I be worried about the 52 TOJ1 2011 I ordered fitting me, 6'0 180lbs, 40" chest, 18.5ish" shoulders, 34" waist? From the measurements I should be perfect....
Don't worry, you should be fine. I'm 6'1" 170 lbs with 41" chest 18" shoulders, 31" waist and I have a size 50. It fits pretty snug in the shoulders.
Ribkin, are you pulling the peacoat forward in the 1st pic or is it that small? You shouldn't be seeing any of your shirt from the back view.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 seconds ago
- › Please critique my first custom shirt (Modern Tailor) 38 seconds ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw