You make a good point omgcookielol. I don't know much about the lore behind TOJ; I just wanted a jacket. People can put away their leather suits and ball gags now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1813
Styleforum Top Picks
TOJ makes leather suits too? Does it come in burgundy calf? Should i get a collar or lapels on my leather suit? Are the ball gags detachable? Cheers!
There's a standing queue for jackets, and people already expect to wait around 2 months 15 weeks before they receive a shipping notice. You want to throw a substantial amount of MTO orders at the queue all at the same time, when a little more than a single jacket is completed by each sewer a day. Two months later, you have people flooding the thread wondering why they haven't received a tracking number for their group buy. A sudden surge in orders probably isn't going to entice the guys at ToJ - it honestly seems more disruptive than anything else, especially since everyone was given fair notice about the discontinued models.
It would be convinient, if Charly started telling people what waiting time they could expect when ordering. People not following this thread probably don't expect the kind of lead times TOJ has had since the relaunch. Just a thought
I just ask everytime I place an order -- he gives that info right away. Fishtail parka, beginning of January -- 10 weeks.
I think he might be asking for a more realistic figure. My 7-10 week Moto and 8 week Fishtail are at 12 and 10 respectively. I don't particularly mind because I look forward to the finished product but I can see how you could get impatient if you really expected it within that frame.
It doesn't make much sense to state 8 weeks, when the actual lead time turn out to be 16 weeks etc. It would be smart in, a customer service kind of way, to simply state the highest expected lead time when someone puts in an order. People would be much happier getting their jackets earlier than expected than having to wait for them longer than told. Especially now that TOJ is going JC, and the customer base expands beyond SF and SUFU.
I don't mind the longer waits myself. But I can imgaine people who don't "know" the people behind they scences can become a bit anxious. For example: I recently put in an order with an overseas furniture company. They quoted me a lead time of 3-4 weeks. Because I have never dealt with these people before, I think I would be quite anxious if I hadn't seen my furniture or heard anything from then 8 weeks down the road.
so jelly. leather is the wow factor. just saw skyfall and daniel craig had this nice peacoat thing with the leather on the back of collar...thought of toj right away.
never thought i would ever get a non-leather, but drooling over the next iteration of the peacoat. the details on the new one and the collar look really nice, just want it in the original style, 2 pockets, shorter length. please release soon.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › GRAY KNITWEAR AT PITTI UOMO 86 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)