You make a good point omgcookielol. I don't know much about the lore behind TOJ; I just wanted a jacket. People can put away their leather suits and ball gags now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1813
Styleforum Top Picks
TOJ makes leather suits too? Does it come in burgundy calf? Should i get a collar or lapels on my leather suit? Are the ball gags detachable? Cheers!
There's a standing queue for jackets, and people already expect to wait around 2 months 15 weeks before they receive a shipping notice. You want to throw a substantial amount of MTO orders at the queue all at the same time, when a little more than a single jacket is completed by each sewer a day. Two months later, you have people flooding the thread wondering why they haven't received a tracking number for their group buy. A sudden surge in orders probably isn't going to entice the guys at ToJ - it honestly seems more disruptive than anything else, especially since everyone was given fair notice about the discontinued models.
It would be convinient, if Charly started telling people what waiting time they could expect when ordering. People not following this thread probably don't expect the kind of lead times TOJ has had since the relaunch. Just a thought
I just ask everytime I place an order -- he gives that info right away. Fishtail parka, beginning of January -- 10 weeks.
I think he might be asking for a more realistic figure. My 7-10 week Moto and 8 week Fishtail are at 12 and 10 respectively. I don't particularly mind because I look forward to the finished product but I can see how you could get impatient if you really expected it within that frame.
It doesn't make much sense to state 8 weeks, when the actual lead time turn out to be 16 weeks etc. It would be smart in, a customer service kind of way, to simply state the highest expected lead time when someone puts in an order. People would be much happier getting their jackets earlier than expected than having to wait for them longer than told. Especially now that TOJ is going JC, and the customer base expands beyond SF and SUFU.
I don't mind the longer waits myself. But I can imgaine people who don't "know" the people behind they scences can become a bit anxious. For example: I recently put in an order with an overseas furniture company. They quoted me a lead time of 3-4 weeks. Because I have never dealt with these people before, I think I would be quite anxious if I hadn't seen my furniture or heard anything from then 8 weeks down the road.
so jelly. leather is the wow factor. just saw skyfall and daniel craig had this nice peacoat thing with the leather on the back of collar...thought of toj right away.
never thought i would ever get a non-leather, but drooling over the next iteration of the peacoat. the details on the new one and the collar look really nice, just want it in the original style, 2 pockets, shorter length. please release soon.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Help Identify this tie please 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style 15 minutes ago
- › P. Johnson Loro Piana Grey Suit 30 minutes ago
- › Bespoke tailoring in (South) Germany 34 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds 2014 Quality and Service? Not my first impressions.... 34 minutes ago
- › @**Popular Asian Brands!** 37 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 37 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 37 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...