or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1748

post #26206 of 44949
I've handled the lamb before, but I want something a bit tougher. Would black goat mdr look good? When you say it's textured, would you say that the texture is even throughout the jacket? I don't much like the uneven natural graining on the lamb.
post #26207 of 44949
Thread Starter 
It's textured, similar to scotch grain but milder. It looks good on an MDR.

post #26208 of 44949
Might as well go for silver club before the 13' price hike

tentatively
#4 - navy suede QBCDR
#5 - black lamb qmoto

although i might flip the colors and go black lamb, navy calf
post #26209 of 44949
Would it work on a slim jacket? Like I know the lamb stretches a bit so it ends up fitting comfortably, but does the goat do that? Also, I'm assuming that the goat is more durable than the lamb...
post #26210 of 44949

Not sure about stretching but goat is no less soft than lamb, and no thicker than lamb and is perhaps even softer over time.  If you want a jacket to beat the hell out of get calf.  Worth noting that lorcan's mdr is brown lamb not black.

post #26211 of 44949
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

Might as well go for silver club before the 13' price hike
tentatively
#4 - navy suede QBCDR
#5 - black lamb qmoto
although i might flip the colors and go black lamb, navy calf

get the BCDR with quilt, moto does not need quilt.
post #26212 of 44949
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

get the BCDR with quilt, moto does not need quilt.

I'll take your word for it about the qmoto, i know for sure I want a QBCDR and a moto, one in navy, one in black. Drew you think navy suede on the first, black lamb on the second is the best combo?

Also is MTM also going away in 13'?
post #26213 of 44949
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

I'll take your word for it about the qmoto, i know for sure I want a QBCDR and a moto, one in navy, one in black. Drew you think navy suede on the first, black lamb on the second is the best combo?
Also is MTM also going away in 13'?

yes;

and

yes, eventually, but not right now. I've said it before, but we'll probably still run MTM in some form. If it's a matter of effort and production lot space that MTM vies for though, there will likely be an added surcharge to MTM something rather than buy it off the to-be site in a stock size.
post #26214 of 44949
After seeing lesamourai's goat moto, I think I'm going to go with the black goat 3zip mdr with (?) zips. I await Charly's response now.

What zips to get, silver 1 ways or gunmetal 2 ways?
post #26215 of 44949
imo silver zips sound good with the natural sheen that the textured goat gives off.
post #26216 of 44949

def silver zips

post #26217 of 44949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio View Post

After seeing lesamourai's goat moto, I think I'm going to go with the black goat 3zip mdr with (?) zips. I await Charly's response now.
What zips to get, silver 1 ways or gunmetal 2 ways?

You'd like silver if you are going more for the biker look because it stands out a lot, but if you want a more subdued color than gunmetal is better. 

post #26218 of 44949
Any word on next shipment? I think (hope) I'm in there redface.gif
post #26219 of 44949

Charly informed me on the 28th that they'd be shipping mine out about 2 weeks from then (Jan 11th). Not sure how frequently the team makes shipping runs but that's a pretty good bet. 

post #26220 of 44949
Thread Starter 
I go back to Korea tomorrow evening. We'll do shipping on Friday (skipped last week's shipping due to holidays)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011