Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1741
Styleforum Top Picks
I like the idea of tan suede in this jacket, but if you want to go really nice, kick the shade up once more and go to a light whisky, a darker tan, in other words. This jacket will really sing in both leather and suede if you get the quilt. Right there around the medium'ish earth tones, the greys, or the darker suedes like prussian blue or dark teal, which we have in the heavy calf suede (we can't use this stuff on other jackets, it's a little too thick for the other designs we normally make in suede) - that is going to be a sweet spot.
There was some discussion on it a couple days ago, but my philosophy is this: suede tends to bludgeon a lot of the visual depth you're used to with shinier leather, which is a good thing sometimes, and then less ideal at other times. In any case, for a jacket that can accept the quilted panels, like this BCDR, I think quilting will add just the right touch of figuring and visual depth to go with suede. It'd look great in leather too, but that's my suede+quilting relativity theory.
When you say that you can't use the heavy calf suede in some of your other designs, are you referring to the harrington, T1, T3, etc only? Like if hypothetically I wanted to get an MDR or 2010 DR made up in the heavy calf suede would that be a possibility?
So after wearing my MDR a few times it's been noted by a few people that I need to have my sleeves shortened and maybe even have the opening at the cuff reduced as well. Has anyone had alterations made to their TOJs in NYC? Does TOJ offer the option for customers to send the jackets in for alterations?
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 56 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)