or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1723

post #25831 of 43167
mine looked like shit up until it reaches around 2 inches, then suddenly some sexy curls spring up, now i keep them long and ponytailed. that and shaolin head are the only solutions.
post #25832 of 43167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Pretty much buzz the sides and back as high as it can go without it looking like a carrot.  Then grow out the front longer than the top.  No product, clean and easy to deal w/.  

Exactly what I do as well. My hair sticks straight up DBZ style, so I always get asked whether I use hair gel, but have never used it in my life haha
post #25833 of 43167
luckkkyyyy..... :'(
post #25834 of 43167
You can still get the sides to go down without having long hair (~3cm). Just get it cut and thinned out properly, blow dry your sides down, press your palm on it while it's still hot, then wax it down. The blow drying is not really necessary but it helps.
post #25835 of 43167
or wear a hat while hair is damp til it dries.
post #25836 of 43167

700

 

Finally got my MDR in the mail after 17 weeks!! Fits like a glove. Will be ordering the quilted moto tonight with the same measurements.

 

If there's anything to adjust, I'd say its the circumference of the sleeve hole. Ideally, I wouldn't want my fist to be able to go through the hole. Is there a way to adjust that when placing the order?

 

-edit

Doh, its the "sleeve width @ cuff." Will have to decrease that by .5"


Edited by AKang - 12/19/12 at 1:35pm
post #25837 of 43167

700

 

700

 

Here's a better look at the fit with a better camera. Exchanging emails with Charly about the quilted Moto right now!

post #25838 of 43167
Fit is good both pictures are pretty dark it's kinda hard to accurately see the length but everything else looks good.
post #25839 of 43167

Do the sleeves look a little too long? For the moto I asked Charly to shorten the sleeve length .5"

post #25840 of 43167
^.5 adjustment sounds good, what are you thinking for the moto?
post #25841 of 43167
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

^.5 adjustment sounds good, what are you thinking for the moto?

 

Put in an order about an hour ago for a lambskin Quilted Moto with all blacked out zippers in the same size with .5" smaller opening at the cuff, and .5" shorter sleeve length.


Edited by AKang - 12/19/12 at 5:06pm
post #25842 of 43167

Just thinking about my choice of leather for the moto and was wondering if there's a certain type of skin that is recommended for the moto. I just got lambskin because i love the softness and just matte look of my lambskin MDR. Would calfskin be better? If so, why?

post #25843 of 43167
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKang View Post

Just thinking about my choice of leather for the moto and was wondering if there's a certain type of skin that is recommended for the moto. I just got lambskin because i love the softness and just matte look of my lambskin MDR. Would calfskin be better? If so, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post


I'd say, off hand;
...
Moto - black or brown calf or goat, or brown horse; whisky or sand tan if you can swag it
post #25844 of 43167
Thread Starter 
Don't slim the cuff down .5" - that's one full inch around, that's quite a bit. You can modulate the cuff fit using the zipper. We really shouldn't even offer the cuff measurement in MTM as Charly is the one who ends up choosing it anyway, and a couple people have gone crazy with it not understanding what they were doing, thinking it was supposed to measure like a shirt or a ribbed cuff (-_-) and done something ridiculous.
post #25845 of 43167
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Don't slim the cuff down .5" - that's one full inch around, that's quite a bit. You can modulate the cuff fit using the zipper. We really shouldn't even offer the cuff measurement in MTM as Charly is the one who ends up choosing it anyway, and a couple people have gone crazy with it not understanding what they were doing, thinking it was supposed to measure like a shirt or a ribbed cuff (-_-) and done something ridiculous.


Actually, Charly recommended I only go down to 5.3" so we dropped down .2" (from 5.5").  I definitely needed it slightly smaller as I can make a fist and I'm able to put it through the cuff (zipped up).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011