Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1695
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah, my understanding and honest assumption is this, it's a totally honest scenario - they each just found each other in poorer days of old Korea, either working together or finding out they have the same work backgrounds, and have the kind of relationships where work rather than outright romance are what gets them through the day. They're all older and each probably has 30 years of clothesmaking experience. They're old enough to possibly have gone through the old sweatshop days, pre-labor reform/Jung Tae-il, but I try not to ask them about stuff like that as it's probably not so pleasant and not connected to the now. They all own (well, rent) their own workshops and do business on their own, and I'm not trying to change anything about that. It's a good honest work relationship. It's a little expensive at times and prevents me from bringing things to market at certain prices (because mass-made stuff can blow me out of the water pricewise, often) but for what we go through with making, and what they do well, it's much worth it and rewarding.
I think secondarily, each of these people, men and women alike, all have a 'crafter/artisan' mentality where they just zone in on their work all day and don't really talk all that much by their own doing. It's like the Myers-Briggs ISTP personality. They don't really even like to talk all that much to me or Dan, it's more like a 'ok, just leave it up me and also, leave me alone' type attitude. They tackle related but unique projects everyday and just craft them from raw to finished goods, and that's the day's work; they collect their payment and check back in for another day.
Somebody asked if the TOJ blacklist transfers over to John Coppidge - yes, being blacklisted is a lifetime ban; it takes some significantly douche-y act(s) to get yourself blacklisted with TOJ, just common sense.
We reserve the right to cancel and refund orders without notice. We may move to a web store model with checkout in the future, but we'll cancel and refund any orders made by current blacklistees.
Huh, how do you get backlisted?
I've seen many photos with white cps and margiela for sneakers... but in terms of casual boots, wolverine 1000 miles comes off to me as too dressy and looking like you are trying too hard, while red wing work wear is too clunky for the slim profile of the jacket..
I was leaning towards viberg x four horsemen or dayton boots... but any other options that you guys typically pair with on daily use?? footwear is often the most hardest part in styling warddrobe.. and it seems I'm having hard time matching the perfect footwear with certain styles..
It's going to be difficult if you try to find the PERFECT pair of shoes/boots to match PERFECTLY with each outfit. Instead, why not look for something flexible- that can be adapted to a variety of styles? White minimal sneakers go well with everything. Black Chelsea boots go well with Black DRs and Motos. Alden Indys look nice with Brown Jackets (especially) A2s.
Quite simple - we have a business running here, and while we don't ask much for our product relative to the quality, we do need to make a profit from it to go forward; at the very least, we can't pay people to have our things. We hit pretty astounding levels of customer satisfaction, but of course there are those who cross over with some of the manners regarding customer/vendor relations. There's definitely been a couple of people who go beyond reasonability. We don't need to tell people they are blacklisted; we just ignore any future purchases they try to make, it's not worth the hassle. This is like 0.000002% of our customer base, historically. The blacklist is short, but existent.
There's been a guy blacklisted for being a dick to me in person, too, and generally for being a real life douche who I just don't want to deal with. Long story. lol. We just told him flat out that he was blacklisted. He ended up buying a TOJ on B+S after that.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 Clothing Insights and 2015 Clothing Plans 10 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot Black 8D 21 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 29 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...