Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/28/14 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1691
Styleforum Top Picks
are you saying i am unaesthetic?! I agree with you on the most part. The pattern that TOJ uses is amazing on some, but not everyone.
I personally found the silver hardware to be a bit too "over the top." The MDR I'm currently waiting for is with gunmetal hardware. Once I receive it and the sizing is good (i shortened the sleeve length a bit and increased the chest as I started hitting the gym again) I will be pulling the trigger on a quilted moto.
I'm not sure if I should even mention this since this is a TOJ thread, but I also picked up a Schott NYC bomber during the long ass wait for my MDR and I gotta say, I have not yet experienced anything as nice as a TOJ leather jacket. Schott is good but TOJ is next level jawnz.
Nah man I'm not
The best example I can think of is if drew offered a MTM option for something like raw denim. You'd undoubtedly have a large segment of people who cannot find anything in the market for them because of their odd proportions or they're under/over weight, whatever. This coupled with a misunderstanding of how complicated it is to produce a garment that is balanced in appearance results in what sometimes appears to be "bad" fits.
It wouldn't be at all a shock to me if this is indeed part of the (probably many) reasons why MTM is eventually going to disappear, not only do you have a very long wait but you sometimes have cannonballs trying to drape themselves in silk and rakes in armor. Drew has alluded to all of this before in a post but I don't really want to look for it.
Your jacket does look a little tight but it's really only noticeable when it's zipped. I don't know if it's because your asian and thus hold body fat differently but you look a little chubby, if it was me I'd personally just try to drop some lbs vs take a $100+ loss on B&S. None of this really matters if you're happy with your jacket, though.
I don't know about that particular one, but usually when drew takes those shots it's not a jacket made for him personally, and it's usually a size or so bigger than he usually wears so of course it's going to look more relaxed
As far as bunching in the back, w/ the riders its bound to happen at least a little bit unless you size it to fit really short / have no ass. Mine does it a bit, especially if I layer much under it.
If you have wide hips and don't want a cropped jacket, you can also increase the length and the waist measurement, as I have done for my TOJs. It makes for a more relaxed fit if you like that aesthetic, though the effect of the fitted arms and shoulders is still "slim".
come on brah
Oh my god I totally forgot about that hahaha
Hands down my worst fit ever
In case anyone doesn't know yet, Paypal is having a cashback promo, get 5% cashback (max $20) on your second purchase when you pay with paypal, so buy a $1 item on ebay and then save $20 on your next TOJ! Make sure to have TOJ send you an invoice to your email and pay from there to be 100% certain the cashback will go through.
We do not send out invoices.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)