Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1691
Styleforum Top Picks
are you saying i am unaesthetic?! I agree with you on the most part. The pattern that TOJ uses is amazing on some, but not everyone.
I personally found the silver hardware to be a bit too "over the top." The MDR I'm currently waiting for is with gunmetal hardware. Once I receive it and the sizing is good (i shortened the sleeve length a bit and increased the chest as I started hitting the gym again) I will be pulling the trigger on a quilted moto.
I'm not sure if I should even mention this since this is a TOJ thread, but I also picked up a Schott NYC bomber during the long ass wait for my MDR and I gotta say, I have not yet experienced anything as nice as a TOJ leather jacket. Schott is good but TOJ is next level jawnz.
Nah man I'm not
The best example I can think of is if drew offered a MTM option for something like raw denim. You'd undoubtedly have a large segment of people who cannot find anything in the market for them because of their odd proportions or they're under/over weight, whatever. This coupled with a misunderstanding of how complicated it is to produce a garment that is balanced in appearance results in what sometimes appears to be "bad" fits.
It wouldn't be at all a shock to me if this is indeed part of the (probably many) reasons why MTM is eventually going to disappear, not only do you have a very long wait but you sometimes have cannonballs trying to drape themselves in silk and rakes in armor. Drew has alluded to all of this before in a post but I don't really want to look for it.
Your jacket does look a little tight but it's really only noticeable when it's zipped. I don't know if it's because your asian and thus hold body fat differently but you look a little chubby, if it was me I'd personally just try to drop some lbs vs take a $100+ loss on B&S. None of this really matters if you're happy with your jacket, though.
I don't know about that particular one, but usually when drew takes those shots it's not a jacket made for him personally, and it's usually a size or so bigger than he usually wears so of course it's going to look more relaxed
As far as bunching in the back, w/ the riders its bound to happen at least a little bit unless you size it to fit really short / have no ass. Mine does it a bit, especially if I layer much under it.
If you have wide hips and don't want a cropped jacket, you can also increase the length and the waist measurement, as I have done for my TOJs. It makes for a more relaxed fit if you like that aesthetic, though the effect of the fitted arms and shoulders is still "slim".
come on brah
Oh my god I totally forgot about that hahaha
Hands down my worst fit ever
In case anyone doesn't know yet, Paypal is having a cashback promo, get 5% cashback (max $20) on your second purchase when you pay with paypal, so buy a $1 item on ebay and then save $20 on your next TOJ! Make sure to have TOJ send you an invoice to your email and pay from there to be 100% certain the cashback will go through.
We do not send out invoices.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Poor man's watch thread 12 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › [Closet blowout] J. Crew ties & bow tie 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › [Closet blowout] Shirts - WvG after dinner, PS by Paul Smith 6 minutes ago
- › Balance in Life, Staying Focused On Life Goals Other Than $ 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw