Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1650
Styleforum Top Picks
First error was assuming people hear wear suits on the regular, or even wool trousers/slacks. Seems like either denim or sweats are in most peoples comfort zone in SW&D.
Wool does not go fuzzy whoever brought that up. Uniqlo wool trousers worn for a 1 year, granted rotated each day, but no fuzz, no shine in my seat; etc.
FWIW the MA-1 looks real good. Just need a fit pic to turn heads. More so, as Drew mentioned, his wool quality must be 1000x better than anything Uniqlo can source.
An MA-1 would be worn pretty regularly and 150s is way too fine for everyday wear. I quite like the look and it probably feels like sex but in terms of what you are saying toasty, Uniqlo wool is probably a blend and definitely nowhere close to 150s level
wonder if you posted this without any sense of irony
I think it's quite fair to have an opinion on the new jackets. And especially the MA-1 is something a lot of people have been anticipating.
Airing concerns that a pinstriped wool version of the MA might not be what they were looking for is completely fair I feel. I too, am in the skeptical bracket. In my vision, the MA-1 would be a piece I could use in the more tough looks, e.g. a black MA-1 with slim black jeans tugged into a pair of combat boots etc. The suite MA-1 just wont work for this purpose. Plain black wool, coated wool or something third might be better for those of us that doesn't want to use the MA-1 to dress up, so to speak. Which is also why I choose to put my funds in a ribbed collar CWU instead.
The same reason why people don't get a Schott, or MMM, or Rick and so on leather jacket.
People can give their feedback and post their opinions in a thread like this. Otherwise, it would be redundant. Get over it.
Really? Reaaaaaally? What is this, a kindergarden? Do you honestly believe Drew is so thin skinned that he would cancel one of the (cornerstone) products of his new JC line, just because some lads on Styleforum rather want nylon or what not?
I think the bigger issue is the fact that Drew made a popular nylon/repro-style MA-1 in the past and people were expecting/hoping that he would just bring that back with some tweaks. When it was something quite a bit different instead, disappointment was inevitable. I'm not trying to defend people telling Drew how to run his company because I think that's bullshit, but I also don't think it's totally shocking that people aren't totally happy when he went in a somewhat unusual direction.
There are other MA-1 makers, obviously, but I don't think any of them offer the fit (RIckson) or price point (Rick) that TOJ does.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 seconds ago
- › Find a Thread: A Fun New StyleForumRobot Game - January 27, 2015 57 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Made In USA (Streetwear & Denim American Style) 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Do these jackets fit? (Pics included) 5 minutes ago
- › 1 NSM Bespoke SC & 1 Panta RTW SC 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays