or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1624

post #24346 of 44929
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

i dont think broguing goes with TOj leathers, but a proper english derby with maybe a customized sole does. That's what I'm looking to make in the future.

Good to know you are planning to make shoes too. I´d be interested. Before that, do you have any recommendations for me at "proper english derby"? And what do you mean with customized sole?
post #24347 of 44929
God ToJ derbies and side zips would be so damn great
post #24348 of 44929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theom- View Post

Some kid in my history class at NYU has a black lamb MDR and its really making me want one. Jacket looked so fucking good.

Did you talk to him? Or just creep?

edit - or was he surrounded by the ladies and too busy to talk?
post #24349 of 44929

Am I the only one who never saw someone else with a TOJ in real life? I live in NYC so I'm sure there's a good number of people who has jackets from TOJ

post #24350 of 44929
nope, i havent seen one yet either.
only my own devil.gif
post #24351 of 44929
You live in Canada though isn't there like 1 person for every 20 miles?
post #24352 of 44929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Am I the only one who never saw someone else with a TOJ in real life? I live in NYC so I'm sure there's a good number of people who has jackets from TOJ

Yeah, I know there's got to be a decent amount of TOJs here in Chicago but I've never seen anyone else wearing one. That said, there's a lot of brands common on SF that I've never seen anyone wearing in real life..
post #24353 of 44929
I've never seen any TOJ's worn by someone else in real life, only on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post

Yeah, I know there's got to be a decent amount of TOJs here in Chicago but I've never seen anyone else wearing one. That said, there's a lot of brands common on SF that I've never seen anyone wearing in real life..

This is pretty true. A lot of what I see in WAYWT and other parts of the forum I've never really seen in person. For instance, I've only seen two MMM GATs in real life and they were worn by females happy.gif
post #24354 of 44929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpberto View Post

You live in Canada though isn't there like 1 person for every 20 miles?
Haha, I guess if you take all of Canada into account it is! But I live in Toronto so it's a bit more dense per mile kilometre biggrin.gif
post #24355 of 44929
Saw my second pair of GATs today in Cambridge, the all rubber ones rotflmao.gif
post #24356 of 44929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Am I the only one who never saw someone else with a TOJ in real life? I live in NYC so I'm sure there's a good number of people who has jackets from TOJ

So embarrassing. I saw this guy today who I really, really thought was wearing a 2010 DR. I saw him coming down the street, and got all psyched up to say something, and was like yes yes this is it finally another SFer, and I was staring at him and smiling, sort of having hot flashes, like, ohmygod my worlds are colliding, will I be able to handle it? Will I seem cool? Just play it cool. And I was about to open my mouth to say something super nonchalant like "Hey dude. Nice jawnz. TOJ?" And then realized at the last second that it was definitely NOT a TOJ, stopped with my jaw hanging like a confused snake, and stared as he walked past, giving me a terrified sidelong glance. I'm sure he thought I was insane. I felt a little insane.
post #24357 of 44929
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Did you talk to him? Or just creep?
edit - or was he surrounded by the ladies and too busy to talk?

Nah, was gonna ask him where he got the jacket but didn't get a chance to as so many other people were leaving the classroom at the same time. I'll definitely ask about it if I see it again. He wasn't really styling it that well though, just raw jeans and a grey hoodie. Looked like a sufu kid.
post #24358 of 44929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

So embarrassing. I saw this guy today who I really, really thought was wearing a 2010 DR. I saw him coming down the street, and got all psyched up to say something, and was like yes yes this is it finally another SFer, and I was staring at him and smiling, sort of having hot flashes, like, ohmygod my worlds are colliding, will I be able to handle it? Will I seem cool? Just play it cool. And I was about to open my mouth to say something super nonchalant like "Hey dude. Nice jawnz. TOJ?" And then realized at the last second that it was definitely NOT a TOJ, stopped with my jaw hanging like a confused snake, and stared as he walked past, giving me a terrified sidelong glance. I'm sure he thought I was insane. I felt a little insane.

He thinks you wanted to fuck, bro.
post #24359 of 44929
No TOJs for me in NYC yet. Did wear my black MMM his to a concert and someone complimented them as I came out of coat check (for my TOJ). Didn't hear him, though, so I pretty much ignored him (shog[1].gif) and my gf told me what he said later.
post #24360 of 44929

Not sure if this has been asked before, my calf is feeling and looking a little dry.  What lotions or creams have people used on their calf jackets?  I think someone wrote about using obenaufs oil?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011