always lamb for first maybe goat for second and calf when you're ready to break in a jacket for years.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/28/14 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1615
Styleforum Top Picks
Buy the leather which you prefer in the mdr style. Refer to the toj mdr gallery
IMO Some leathers are better suited to a particular style than others. For example, Lamb suits a2 & dr 2010 well, but i like the look of calf on the mdr vs lamb.
Some prefer lamb on mdr which is fine as well, its just personal preference really and i dont think 1 is better than the other. Consider the properties below which should help with choosing.
Lamb: buttery soft but still thick, ready to wear/no break in required, less structure than calf, has a matte look to it where calf has a bit of shine.
Calf: heavy, provides a structured look, requires break in, looks bad ass, has a shine to it that lamb doesnt.
Re: calf v lamb, the break in period really isn't something to be feared. I've got three cow hide jackets and though you'll want to wear it a bit at home first for the creases to set in your arms, once you're good the structure and the way the jacket sits on you makes you feel like a million bucks.
He told me silver "will be standard soon enough" when I asked last week, so gunmetal may still be the "default" option if you don't specify.
Anyway, this zipper talk got me thinking, what's going to happen with the leather choices when JC comes around? With the limited availability of some of them, will they be a MTO option or something like that?
Please make a weekend bag/large hold all. Has a TOJ bag been made previously?
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ultra light, bare minimum clothing but in style. Is it possible? 10 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)