Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1615
Buy the leather which you prefer in the mdr style. Refer to the toj mdr gallery
IMO Some leathers are better suited to a particular style than others. For example, Lamb suits a2 & dr 2010 well, but i like the look of calf on the mdr vs lamb.
Some prefer lamb on mdr which is fine as well, its just personal preference really and i dont think 1 is better than the other. Consider the properties below which should help with choosing.
Lamb: buttery soft but still thick, ready to wear/no break in required, less structure than calf, has a matte look to it where calf has a bit of shine.
Calf: heavy, provides a structured look, requires break in, looks bad ass, has a shine to it that lamb doesnt.
Re: calf v lamb, the break in period really isn't something to be feared. I've got three cow hide jackets and though you'll want to wear it a bit at home first for the creases to set in your arms, once you're good the structure and the way the jacket sits on you makes you feel like a million bucks.
He told me silver "will be standard soon enough" when I asked last week, so gunmetal may still be the "default" option if you don't specify.
Anyway, this zipper talk got me thinking, what's going to happen with the leather choices when JC comes around? With the limited availability of some of them, will they be a MTO option or something like that?
Please make a weekend bag/large hold all. Has a TOJ bag been made previously?
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 57 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition 1 minute ago
- › Church's Sahara vs Alden Suede Chukka 3 minutes ago
- › RAFFAELE CARUSO lightweight unlined summer jacket 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 4 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Underwear color 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 6 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw