Drew -- not to get all personal, and maybe it's rude to ask this question, but I'm really curious: through running TOJ, how much money are you taking away from all this? I don't need a specific number. But are you like Romney rich? Droppin' dollaz on hoez in a music video rich? Obama's trying to protect me middle class rich? Maybe this is something that has been talked about, but I'm newer, and just curious how valuable ToJ is.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1588
Drew -- not to get all personal, and maybe it's rude to ask this question, but I'm really curious: through running TOJ, how much money are you taking away from all this? I don't need a specific number. But are you like Romney rich? Droppin' dollaz on hoez in a music video rich? OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! Obama's trying to protect me middle class rich? Maybe this is something that has been talked about, but I'm newer, and just curious how valuable ToJ is.
Not that easy. Are the hookers and blow expensable? I'm not current on tax law and it's throwing off my calculations.
this will turn yellow?!?
this would make my decision much easier if i could get a definitive answer. my white leather on the varsity is still sittin' clean. i dont wear my jackets day in-day out fwiw
snow I am foolish enough to have ordered an ivory mdr, so if you want to wait and see how mine goes i'll keep you updated (assuming it fits!)
Yeah, I mean...how much does the material cost? How much is the labor being paid? I don't need specifics, but as someone who has no experience in retail/manufacturing (I'm a grad student in materials science engineering) I have no idea how to estimate the costs that go into one jacket.
There's a post somewhere in this thread that has a bit of an answer to that.
Oh man, now I feel ripped off.
I was under the impression that Drew was paying for the jacket and I was just paying for shipping and a flight from Japan to Korea so he could make sure it looks nice and put it in the mail.
If I recall correctly, it was somewhere in the ballpark of $125/day (1 day = 1 jacket) for labor plus cost of materials plus possibly a small profit (not sure about this one), then doubled to account for any potential issues in production/shipping/etc.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Conservative Business Dress 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Critique custom dress shirt (tailorstore) 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › Modern Tailor Custom Suits 7 minutes ago
- › Affordable custom dress shirts in NYC? 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 13 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw