If they're putting out a jacket a day as stated and they're $730 you can figure it out pretty easily with a rough estimate of profit margin.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1588
Styleforum Top Picks
Drew -- not to get all personal, and maybe it's rude to ask this question, but I'm really curious: through running TOJ, how much money are you taking away from all this? I don't need a specific number. But are you like Romney rich? Droppin' dollaz on hoez in a music video rich? OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! Obama's trying to protect me middle class rich? Maybe this is something that has been talked about, but I'm newer, and just curious how valuable ToJ is.
Not that easy. Are the hookers and blow expensable? I'm not current on tax law and it's throwing off my calculations.
this will turn yellow?!?
this would make my decision much easier if i could get a definitive answer. my white leather on the varsity is still sittin' clean. i dont wear my jackets day in-day out fwiw
snow I am foolish enough to have ordered an ivory mdr, so if you want to wait and see how mine goes i'll keep you updated (assuming it fits!)
Yeah, I mean...how much does the material cost? How much is the labor being paid? I don't need specifics, but as someone who has no experience in retail/manufacturing (I'm a grad student in materials science engineering) I have no idea how to estimate the costs that go into one jacket.
There's a post somewhere in this thread that has a bit of an answer to that.
Oh man, now I feel ripped off.
I was under the impression that Drew was paying for the jacket and I was just paying for shipping and a flight from Japan to Korea so he could make sure it looks nice and put it in the mail.
If I recall correctly, it was somewhere in the ballpark of $125/day (1 day = 1 jacket) for labor plus cost of materials plus possibly a small profit (not sure about this one), then doubled to account for any potential issues in production/shipping/etc.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Tie Loafers and Jay Butler Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › What color sofa with dark brown hardwood? Help! 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 744 Ltd Shell Cordovan Boots 8D 4 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 23 minutes ago
- › Long Cardigans? 23 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...