I believe "murked" is slang for "murdered," yeah.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/28/14 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1576
Styleforum Top Picks
Cross-posted from WAYWT:
I suppose the main issue is that it doesn't get that much sun, or that much wear, so it's definitely going to be a multi-year process to get it to the point even that Dellath is at with his. It has already turned into sort of a good 'ol standby at this point, which is nice - don't know what to wear? Raw jawnz, raw jacket. I mean, it's not quite baseball-jacket-throwonable, but it's definitely a sort of coddling piece. Which is interesting, actually, because if you think back to Temple Grandin's squeeze machine, it's a bit weird to be soothed by getting squeezed by the skin of a dead animal that was probably...soothed by getting squeezed before it was killed.
Your CM VTG is starting to look damn fine, almost making want to own the MRD AND the CM.
Silver/gunmetal will generally look better on dudes who do the white tee/blue jeans uniform thing.Black hardware isn't as versatile, imo. It works better with my wardrobe than silver zipped stuff since everything I own right now is some shade of black with black/aged brass hardware.
In addition to this, I find that silver zips add a bit of flamboyance to the jacket depending on how you dress it up. When coupled with a mostly black outfit or shades of grey they can be very flashy. Still love them, just my two cents. I'd say if anyone's going for silver on black make sure there's a lot of contrast in your outfits.
Cell pics of my new jackets.
pls don't post to gallery cause i will cry
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for sizing concerns, you can't really fuck up the shoulders unless you weren't reading the measuring guide and added something extreme, like an extra 2-3 inches in the shoulders (slouchy fit territory?). My old jacket was probably an inch wider in the shoulders, and you probably couldn't tell a difference in the fit. A little room in the body isn't bad either - it's all about silhouettes anyways. Charly has the sizing thing down though, so as long as you're honest about your measurements, you'll be happy with the end product.
Ribbed CWU-45 is probably the comfiest TOJ I've had the pleasure of owning. The collar is so easy on the neck, the arms don't seem to taper much toward the wrist (easy to wear a watch under the sleeve), easy access arm office that replaces the need for jeans pockets, and a black single zip that makes getting the jacket on&off so much easier than my double zips.
You guys will probably hear me talk more about the other jackets in the upcoming days, because I'm too tired to say everything that I want to atm. In summary though, I'm a really happy customer, and I look forward to receiving my next jacket.
Edited by omgcookielol - 10/23/12 at 1:26am
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › BNWT APC Petit New Standard 29 4 seconds ago
- › Unis "Gio" pants, 36W, made in USA, new with tags 33 seconds ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 11 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)