I believe "murked" is slang for "murdered," yeah.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1576
Styleforum Top Picks
Cross-posted from WAYWT:
I suppose the main issue is that it doesn't get that much sun, or that much wear, so it's definitely going to be a multi-year process to get it to the point even that Dellath is at with his. It has already turned into sort of a good 'ol standby at this point, which is nice - don't know what to wear? Raw jawnz, raw jacket. I mean, it's not quite baseball-jacket-throwonable, but it's definitely a sort of coddling piece. Which is interesting, actually, because if you think back to Temple Grandin's squeeze machine, it's a bit weird to be soothed by getting squeezed by the skin of a dead animal that was probably...soothed by getting squeezed before it was killed.
Your CM VTG is starting to look damn fine, almost making want to own the MRD AND the CM.
Silver/gunmetal will generally look better on dudes who do the white tee/blue jeans uniform thing.Black hardware isn't as versatile, imo. It works better with my wardrobe than silver zipped stuff since everything I own right now is some shade of black with black/aged brass hardware.
In addition to this, I find that silver zips add a bit of flamboyance to the jacket depending on how you dress it up. When coupled with a mostly black outfit or shades of grey they can be very flashy. Still love them, just my two cents. I'd say if anyone's going for silver on black make sure there's a lot of contrast in your outfits.
Cell pics of my new jackets.
pls don't post to gallery cause i will cry
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for sizing concerns, you can't really fuck up the shoulders unless you weren't reading the measuring guide and added something extreme, like an extra 2-3 inches in the shoulders (slouchy fit territory?). My old jacket was probably an inch wider in the shoulders, and you probably couldn't tell a difference in the fit. A little room in the body isn't bad either - it's all about silhouettes anyways. Charly has the sizing thing down though, so as long as you're honest about your measurements, you'll be happy with the end product.
Ribbed CWU-45 is probably the comfiest TOJ I've had the pleasure of owning. The collar is so easy on the neck, the arms don't seem to taper much toward the wrist (easy to wear a watch under the sleeve), easy access arm office that replaces the need for jeans pockets, and a black single zip that makes getting the jacket on&off so much easier than my double zips.
You guys will probably hear me talk more about the other jackets in the upcoming days, because I'm too tired to say everything that I want to atm. In summary though, I'm a really happy customer, and I look forward to receiving my next jacket.
Edited by omgcookielol - 10/23/12 at 1:26am
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...