or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1520

post #22786 of 44243
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I don't have either but tan is clearly the best of all time.
just perfect with washed denim.

Off topic but been trying to look for a pair of washed denim for my incoming baseball jacket. Where could I get a pair?
post #22787 of 44243
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

I don't have either but tan is clearly the best of all time.
just perfect with washed denim.

It REALLY depends on your skin tone, pale white people, generally look like shit with tan on the torso.


Had to double take a girl earlier today, at first glance I thought she wasn't wearing a top, but no her top, arms and head was the same color. eh.gif
post #22788 of 44243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

It REALLY depends on your skin tone, pale white people, generally look like shit with tan on the torso.
Had to double take a girl earlier today, at first glance I thought she wasn't wearing a top, but no her top, arms and head was the same color. eh.gif

That's why I chose gray. From a distance tan could be confused with my skin, at least during some parts of the year. Gray shouldn't be a problem.
post #22789 of 44243

30x30px-ZC-4e3c45db_title-fireflygrave.jpeg

fireflygrave 
"how about the coveted OL 70s wash"

 

 

Impossible to find though

post #22790 of 44243
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDinh View Post

Off topic but been trying to look for a pair of washed denim for my incoming baseball jacket. Where could I get a pair?

just get a pair of levi's
post #22791 of 44243

new to TOJ.. was going to save for a rick jacket but seems like TOJ might be the better option. What do you guys think of the Moto Jacket? #2 no collars.. quality, etc..

 

*edit, not even sure its available, waiting for a response from toj

post #22792 of 44243
If you want a Rick, TOJ isn't really a substitute, at least aesthetically IMO.
post #22793 of 44243
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisblex View Post

new to TOJ.. was going to save for a rick jacket but seems like TOJ might be the better option. What do you guys think of the Moto Jacket? #2 no collars.. quality, etc..

*edit, not even sure its available, waiting for a response from toj

Moto is sick. I will be coping one myself.
post #22794 of 44243
Quote:
Originally Posted by istasi View Post

If you want a Rick, TOJ isn't really a substitute, at least aesthetically IMO.

The only Rick i've seen that i want is the Intarsia I believe, but not the one with the high neck. I haven't seen it this season, but I don't want anything too out there, just a simple high quality great fitting jacket. Aesthetically the Rick is a hair out there for me, but its the only jacket i've seen that is readily available (at a price) and looks good. Moto is more toned down and cleaner though which I like. Are the leathers comparable?

 

now that i look at it, the moto looks a bit like the MMM 5 zip, which I really like and have been been waiting to try out. 

post #22795 of 44243
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisblex View Post

The only Rick i've seen that i want is the Intarsia I believe, but not the one with the high neck. I haven't seen it this season, but I don't want anything too out there, just a simple high quality great fitting jacket. Aesthetically the Rick is a hair out there for me, but its the only jacket i've seen that is readily available (at a price) and looks good. Moto is more toned down and cleaner though which I like. Are the leathers comparable?

 

now that i look at it, the moto looks a bit like the MMM 5 zip, which I really like and have been been waiting to try out. 


I've only seen the TOJ leather compared to the MMM 5 zip and drew said the calf is the same, maybe better for TOJ.

 

 

Quote:

On Calf:

if you could see my MMM leather in person, this question is not even a question – the jacket looks cool because it’s been worn to death for almost 12 years, but it’s not high quality. The MMM calf is about one to one with the TOJ stuff on the topside finish though I might be edging the MMM out a bit, it’s hard to tell since there isn’t an unwrinkled spot on my MMM anywhere (our calf is near flawless in the hide and we pay a huge premium for that) but the MMM is very thin for calf, not even 3oz, more like 2oz (about 0.6-8mm, it’s really quite thin), the lining is cheap cotton+viscose (that has gaping holes all over, and I have to stuff the strands of sleeve lining back into the sleeves), all the seams around the zippers and placket are just sewn and then excess edges are cut – when the seams break away from the stitching there’s nothing to do about repairing it cleanly that way.
The jacket is missing the little flashing details of leather that ‘hide’ the zips like on my TOJ jackets, etc, and the folded over/sewn seams. The MRS zippers are nice on the MMM, but pound for pound the YKK Japans are about as good functionally – which is why MMM themselves moved to the same YKK zips later on. If you ever look at the Junya X Vanson leathers, you see they use the same exact front zip as we do. It’s the same part in a bright finish.

 

 

http://templeofjawnz.com/?p=215

post #22796 of 44243


TOJ SIGHTING.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Alright so who was rocking the bottle green 2011 moto?
This was in Seattle, Washington or something btw

... and I thought I was the only one with the bottle green on the West Coast
post #22797 of 44243
You never know when someone will take your picture and post it on the internet when wearing a TOJ lol8[1].gif
post #22798 of 44243
toj missed connections
post #22799 of 44243
Wait, you took a picture and didn't say hi?
post #22800 of 44243

lmfao way to be extremely creepy, I hope nobody has a TOJ in Boston or I might end up on here too

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011