or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1511

post #22651 of 41448

The only reason I'd hold back from ordering things now is the fear that they'll be revamped positively...

post #22652 of 41448
Eh, I feel like something like the Fishtail could get lost in the transition, meanwhile I doubt something like the DR or A2 will.
post #22653 of 41448

I'm having serious problems I can't fit 2 more jackets in my wardrobe, it just won't physically fit.  I only have 1 leather (not counting harrington, baseball)  Should I get the ribbed cwu or the fishtail.  What do I do baldy[1].gif

post #22654 of 41448

Fishtail ftw.

post #22655 of 41448
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwindow View Post

I'm having serious problems I can't fit 2 more jackets in my wardrobe, it just won't physically fit.  I only have 1 leather (not counting harrington, baseball)  Should I get the ribbed cwu or the fishtail.  What do I do baldy%5B1%5D.gif

get a bigger wardrobe
post #22656 of 41448
Q regarding the toj1... I vaguely recall some suggesting sizing up for this... Is that a unanimous thing? Or our of layering etc concern? I don't plan on more than a tee or button up with it, and my cwu is basically perfect in fit.

Apologies in advance if (and it probably was) this question has been run into the ground 1000 pages ago.
post #22657 of 41448
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTTP View Post

Q regarding the toj1... I vaguely recall some suggesting sizing up for this... Is that a unanimous thing? Or our of layering etc concern? I don't plan on more than a tee or button up with it, and my cwu is basically perfect in fit.
Apologies in advance if (and it probably was) this question has been run into the ground 1000 pages ago.
Think most sizing issues come from the top block (raglan sleeves). My shoulder measurement is 18" via the TOJ method and a size 48 TOJ1 is around the smallest I could go, the rest of the fit is fairly "baggy" (compared to my MTM CWU at least). I have room to layer, but wouldn't have gone with a size 50.

My CWU size ended up being fairly close to the indicated size 48 on the chart too. So it really depends. If you have abnormally large shoulders then you may need to make the decision carefully.
post #22658 of 41448

I'm ready to order but torn between getting a duffle in black or medium gray. There is still time before the weather goes all pear-shaped, but I would like to get it over and done with. Please assist :)

post #22659 of 41448
Really wish I had the income for a suede Harrington..
post #22660 of 41448
I'm waiting for my cutoff order to get here before I order anything else. I want to make sure the sizing is good.
post #22661 of 41448
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes874 View Post


Think most sizing issues come from the top block (raglan sleeves). My shoulder measurement is 18" via the TOJ method and a size 48 TOJ1 is around the smallest I could go, the rest of the fit is fairly "baggy" (compared to my MTM CWU at least). I have room to layer, but wouldn't have gone with a size 50.
My CWU size ended up being fairly close to the indicated size 48 on the chart too. So it really depends. If you have abnormally large shoulders then you may need to make the decision carefully.


thanks for the info, I got a stock 48 in the cwu, so i'll just get the stock 48 toj1.

post #22662 of 41448
Charly recommended sizing up with the toj1 when I was considering getting one. Just message him with your measurements and see what he says.
post #22663 of 41448
size up
post #22664 of 41448

Is the flappy placket on the cwu optional, whats the deal with that?

post #22665 of 41448
I don't see why anyone wouldn't want the pocket flaps - keeping the design mil-spec mayne. That's the whole appeal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011