Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1420
Styleforum Top Picks
(Slightly) late pass, but here's my wishlist:
- shoes: Something that would go with the ToJ trousers. I can't give any specifics because I don't know shit about shit, but I want a pair. Also, if there happened to be a ToJ take on white low-top sneakers, I'd be there like shareware.
- denim: Hopefully this is still in the works. I think Drew mentioned only doing indigo, maybe based on the denim he's seen to date. Black and black overdyes would both be cool, too, but I don't want to be greedy.
- t-shirts: Also mentioned earlier, I think. I mostly wear AA loose summer crews nowadays, which have a slightly relaxed neckline, a decent amount of length, and a little bit of a taper. I'd love to be able to get a nicer version of these, maybe with slightly longer, slimmer sleeves. Nothing crazy, just a decent, staple t-shirt that won't look dated in a few years. Maybe only available as an add-on to other orders on account of the shipping costs.
- blazers: I'd love to get my hands on the ToJ take on a casual, unstructured wool blazer. Textured fabric, patch pockets, all that stuff. I realize that you see these everywhere nowadays, but they always seem to have something stupid going on - weird fit, stupid-high button stance, oddly squared-off shoulders, &c. Again, just something that won't look dated in a few years.
- cotton outerwear: Something like the VTG CM, but, you know, cotton or some other lightweight fabric for warmer weather (with a one-way zip, of course, maybe horn buttons instead of snaps at the wrist).
I cringed on your post as I recalled Drew commenting on the jacket as 'red bruise-inducing, arm-ripping stuff'
art, I think were about the same weight, height, size up. Sleeves are way too slim and like what hhenryhhh says, it does look pretty bad when worn so tight.
This is baseball jacket round 2 for me as TOJ was not offering any bigger than a 54, in stubbornness I ordered it anyway. Lo and behold it wasn't quite big enough and I had to let it go on B&S. Well 6, 8, whatever odd months later after multiple polite requests and inquiries, Charly was good enough to put together a 56 for me and it fits like a fucking glove. The suede seems to be a bit thinner this go round but the change is for the better, last iteration felt a little stiff. I've got broad shoulders and a barrel chest and this buttons up chin-to-belt buckle like it was sewn around me.
I threw on the Puma MY clown shoes so I was'nt the umpteenth person in white shoes but its unnecessary, this jacket makes a great statement by itself without any distraction. I also have a brown lamb A2 in the works from a last-minute cutoff day impulse. All the more excited for the A2 after putting this on, VLSI you must feel like a kid on christmas.
Thanks very much to Drew, Charly and Dan.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Peir Wu 36 seconds ago
- › What to do about prescription sunglasses? 7 minutes ago
- › Dolce & Gabbana 120s Ash Gray Staple Suit 54R Italian 11 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mint $1995 RL Black Label Charcoal 3 season Suit 48L - 2 btn,... 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 24 minutes ago
- › Brand new half canvass grey Burberry suit.(reduced) 25 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 26 minutes ago
- › Bangkok tailors 27 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 30 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw