Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1420
Styleforum Top Picks
(Slightly) late pass, but here's my wishlist:
- shoes: Something that would go with the ToJ trousers. I can't give any specifics because I don't know shit about shit, but I want a pair. Also, if there happened to be a ToJ take on white low-top sneakers, I'd be there like shareware.
- denim: Hopefully this is still in the works. I think Drew mentioned only doing indigo, maybe based on the denim he's seen to date. Black and black overdyes would both be cool, too, but I don't want to be greedy.
- t-shirts: Also mentioned earlier, I think. I mostly wear AA loose summer crews nowadays, which have a slightly relaxed neckline, a decent amount of length, and a little bit of a taper. I'd love to be able to get a nicer version of these, maybe with slightly longer, slimmer sleeves. Nothing crazy, just a decent, staple t-shirt that won't look dated in a few years. Maybe only available as an add-on to other orders on account of the shipping costs.
- blazers: I'd love to get my hands on the ToJ take on a casual, unstructured wool blazer. Textured fabric, patch pockets, all that stuff. I realize that you see these everywhere nowadays, but they always seem to have something stupid going on - weird fit, stupid-high button stance, oddly squared-off shoulders, &c. Again, just something that won't look dated in a few years.
- cotton outerwear: Something like the VTG CM, but, you know, cotton or some other lightweight fabric for warmer weather (with a one-way zip, of course, maybe horn buttons instead of snaps at the wrist).
I cringed on your post as I recalled Drew commenting on the jacket as 'red bruise-inducing, arm-ripping stuff'
art, I think were about the same weight, height, size up. Sleeves are way too slim and like what hhenryhhh says, it does look pretty bad when worn so tight.
This is baseball jacket round 2 for me as TOJ was not offering any bigger than a 54, in stubbornness I ordered it anyway. Lo and behold it wasn't quite big enough and I had to let it go on B&S. Well 6, 8, whatever odd months later after multiple polite requests and inquiries, Charly was good enough to put together a 56 for me and it fits like a fucking glove. The suede seems to be a bit thinner this go round but the change is for the better, last iteration felt a little stiff. I've got broad shoulders and a barrel chest and this buttons up chin-to-belt buckle like it was sewn around me.
I threw on the Puma MY clown shoes so I was'nt the umpteenth person in white shoes but its unnecessary, this jacket makes a great statement by itself without any distraction. I also have a brown lamb A2 in the works from a last-minute cutoff day impulse. All the more excited for the A2 after putting this on, VLSI you must feel like a kid on christmas.
Thanks very much to Drew, Charly and Dan.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 30 seconds ago
- › Carmina Double Monks 7UK / 8US 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Margiela MMM Grey Side-Zips S/S13 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw