or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1362

post #20416 of 43208
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post

How can one opt for a 3 zip mdr, the 4zip is superior imo.

I had a lot of trouble deciding...even after seeing the first pics of one (but still no fit pics).

The horizontal pockets kind of weird me out on one hand...but could be good on the other. Also, the jacket already features some strong asymmetry which is accentuated with the single breast pocket--and the angle of the breast pocket is maybe a little more interesting (but would end up hitting the zipper if you tried to match the angle and positioning on the other side).

I'm still not 100% on my 4-zip choice, but I think that it has potential and I like that there will only be a handful of them out there since the cutoff is tomorrow.
post #20417 of 43208
Just ordered my first ToJ (4zip black moto)! I already want to order my second. The A-2. I wear mostly black shoes or boots that are brown/black. Would it make more sense to get the bomber in black rather than brown? Dunno if it matters but I'm long past college years (about a decade). Brown is definitely stylish but I'm inclined to favor the look of black on Asians.
post #20418 of 43208
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Everyone getting tracking but me frown.gif 9 weeks on pants
Yeah, 9 or 10 weeks for me now too. I'm guessing that a shitload of people ordered.

In whatever post-hiatus clothing venture that's going to come about, I certainly hope there will be trousers.

Anyways, other thoughts

Stuff I slept on:

-Shirts: I just totally neglected to take advantage of these when they were available, MTM/oxfords/short sleeve button ups, they were all really cool.

-Zip wallets and maybe the daypack, because, duh.

I didn't really have disposable income when these items were around so I can't even be mad. This thread should be locked and buried
post #20419 of 43208

^ +1 on zip wallet...gahhhhh....!!! 

post #20420 of 43208
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post

agreed.
The artishard&uncontrol rider fits, along with fits by bows1&omnomdom, are what pushed me toward a murdered out 3zip mdr (minus lapel snaps) in the end. I was seriously considering the qdr, but came to the conclusion that the horizontal zips might give the visual effect of wider hips. The MDR always has that really nice V/Y silhouette, and with the cuffs and lines throughout the jacket, just gives off this luxe vibe imo.

re: visual effect of wider hips. The 4zip might be better because the stress (from pulling) is distributed more. There is more room between the zippers for the leather to flow through (creasing), visually creating a more straight line from chest to hem, which, if you sized the waist correctly, would be more flattering to your hips.
But I guess we will find out soon enough, really interested to see the upcoming 4zip fits.
post #20421 of 43208
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonChalant321 View Post

Just ordered my first ToJ (4zip black moto)! I already want to order my second. The A-2. I wear mostly black shoes or boots that are brown/black. Would it make more sense to get the bomber in black rather than brown? Dunno if it matters but I'm long past college years (about a decade). Brown is definitely stylish but I'm inclined to favor the look of black on Asians.

Go with black man (I think it looks better and I'm trying to reinforce the same decision I made today), but hurry and place your order.
post #20422 of 43208
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post

re: visual effect of wider hips. The 4zip might be better because the stress (from pulling) is distributed more. There is more room between the zippers for the leather to flow through (creasing), visually creating a more straight line from chest to hem, which, if you sized the waist correctly, would be more flattering to your hips.
But I guess we will find out soon enough, really interested to see the upcoming 4zip fits.

I was worried about the visual effect...didn't want some horizontal lines making me look fatter (but the pockets are higher up...it wouldn't be wider hips but a wider midsection that you would see).

At the same time, it looked like the angled cut of the pockets on the 3-zip were actively working against the V shape when the jacket is zipped, drawing the eye to wider hips like )(. They go vertical when the jacket hangs unzipped but I figured I would be wearing it zipped (my chest barrels out in front so unzipped/unbuttoned jackets usually hang goofy on me) so I didn't want the pocket angle to be drawing out the wider hips.
post #20423 of 43208
okay, last-minute ordering questions for y'all. thinking i'm gonna go with a t-1, but what's the closure mechanism on the front? is it hidden buttons + hooks? hard to tell from the photo.

alternatively, anyone know if there's red calf still available? has anyone done a red calf collared moto? gallery seems to suggest no...
post #20424 of 43208
Dont get a red calf CM confused.gif
post #20425 of 43208
yeah, i wised up on that one and am about to order a black suede t-1.
post #20426 of 43208
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post


Go with black man (I think it looks better and I'm trying to reinforce the same decision I made today), but hurry and place your order.

 

Decison, decisions....you get lamb or goat?

post #20427 of 43208
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonChalant321 View Post

Decison, decisions....you get lamb or goat?

Goat. I think lamb looks nicer but picked goat because it's warmer and more water resistant and will probably hold up for longer
post #20428 of 43208
Here's some throwback TOJ. I bought this Anniversary Varsity secondhand from Steeznuts. Really happy with it.

2jz9fs.jpg

2u8c5ck.png
post #20429 of 43208

Jesus christ it tight the seams are going to split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerk91 View Post

Here's some throwback TOJ. I bought this Anniversary Varsity secondhand from Steeznuts. Really happy with it.
szefls.png
4ghehd.jpg
post #20430 of 43208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasky View Post

okay, last-minute ordering questions for y'all. thinking i'm gonna go with a t-1, but what's the closure mechanism on the front? is it hidden buttons + hooks? hard to tell from the photo.
alternatively, anyone know if there's red calf still available? has anyone done a red calf collared moto? gallery seems to suggest no...

horn buttons, hidden placket
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011