Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1347
lol, rest assured Kent, the 1 extra zipper head is not denting the budget to the point of calling it a business decision... a zipper costs whatever, based on length and gauge; a zipper head is about 50 cents. When I said I prefer the look of one-way zips, I was not trying to pull some sort of fast one on the people....
for sure drew, not trying to stir any commotion at all.
I remember you citing difficulty in zipping up and that you also didn't like that people unzipped the bottom just because they could. were these the primary reasons for going to a single zip?
im surprised how easy it is to engage the zip on my A-2, better than some of my other two ways, and I think its because of the big YKK pulls.
Wait are those gunmetal zips or silver? I remember Drew saying he doesn't allow for two-way zips on the silver... which I really wanted on my 4zip mdr...
^ the only silver zips I've seen on a rider or moto type jacket (showing the new pulls) is on that red calf moto. It looks exactly how it sounds. It's silver and pretty shiny and the contrast looks really nice with a colored calf jacket--the dangly zipper pull on the pockets appear smaller too.
As for the bottle green. I ordered mine on 4/25 and I'll post some pics (I'm curious about the material as anyone else), but it won't happen before the cutoff.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but here are some pics.
Gunmetal (Click to show)
Black (Click to show)
Silver (new) (Click to show)
Besides the visual difference, you have to take into account that the gunmetal/black have a 2 way main zip. Also, it is my understanding that the silver is what TOJ will stock going forward and once the old zip stock runs out, they're gone for good.
I was torn on this same question, went with the black goatskin instead. I think it'd be pretty fucking amazing, though, and if they weren't going on break and removing MTO/M, I might consider ordering it after I get the black to see what needs to be tweaked measurements wise. And also to let my bank account fill up a little..
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 1 minute ago
- › Meermin. Carmina 2nd brand? 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 8 minutes ago
- › Patrick Johnson 7-fold ties 10 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 10 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw