or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1341

post #20101 of 41459
I'm pushing on 11 weeks. I'm sensing my shipment early next week. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #20102 of 41459
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell0w0rld View Post

I'm pushing on 11 weeks. I'm sensing my shipment early next week. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Don't do this to yourself, one day it will magically appear on your doorstep.
post #20103 of 41459

Drew whats the word on the BBall preorders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

waiting on another bank wire to clear to pay for those parcels. take a few days from the US to Korea.
post #20104 of 41459
nvm.
Edited by wzjradam - 5/18/12 at 7:47pm
post #20105 of 41459
Thread Starter 
Just had the weirdest, yet coolest idea for founding a biz-caz based collection. You will see it someday. Not soon, but later.
post #20106 of 41459
Finalized my order for a bottle green 4-zip moto and pair of trousers in grey. Definitely looking forward to these, even if the jacket probably won't be wearable until fall (I am in Seattle, so you never know...).
post #20107 of 41459
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Just had the weirdest, yet coolest idea for founding a biz-caz based collection. You will see it someday. Not soon, but later.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Please, I need something I can stealth-swag in on 'casual' fridays.
post #20108 of 41459
damn theres a really big scuff/scratch thats spreading on the moto i just traded for my CM. does anybody have any idea how i can fix this? confused.gif
post #20109 of 41459
Do you guys think that the mdr is better in black calf, or lamb?

I know that ToJ lamb is so soft and luxurious, but this would be my 4th lamb jacket (I have a varsity, a 2010dr that I wear religiously, and an A2 on the way). I don't plan on putting the jacket through hard wear or rain (that sorta thing is reserved for the 2010dr).

I've read that ToJ calf has a denser grain, is twice as heavy as lamb, will probably last longer, and I've also read on the thread that it ages differently from lamb (I heard that it doesn't go matte, but darkens instead).

I want this jacket to give off a luxe vibe that'll complement my black A2, and i know that lamb will look/feel great, but with this probably being my last chance to order a TOJ calf leather jacket, I'm feeling curious as to what others have to say. shog[1].gif
Edited by omgcookielol - 5/19/12 at 4:30pm
post #20110 of 41459
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post

Do you guys think that the mdr is better in black calf, or lamb?
I know that ToJ lamb is so soft and luxurious, but this would be my 4th lamb jacket (I have a varsity, a 2010dr that I wear religiously, and an A2 on the way). I don't plan on putting the jacket through hard wear or rain (that sorta thing is reserved for the 2010dr).
I've read that ToJ calf has a denser grain, is twice as heavy as lamb, will probably last longer, and I've also read on the thread that it ages differently from lamb (I heard that it doesn't go matte, but darkens instead).
I want this jacket to give off a luxe vibe that'll complement my black A2, and i know that lamb will look/feel great, but with this probably being my last chance to order a TOJ calf leather jacket, I'm feeling curious as to what others have to say. shog[1].gif

Based on the gallery pics it seems like calf looks best on jackets with a lot of hardware, like the 2010 dr and the 4 zip moto. It kinda makes for a consistent "heavy duty" theme. Maybe try it on the 4 zip mdr with silver zips?
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Just had the weirdest, yet coolest idea for founding a biz-caz based collection. You will see it someday. Not soon, but later.

Just out of curiosity, would you consider sourcing textiles from Italy (cottons/linens) and England (wools)? I think you could do some interesting stuff with a TOJ cut and world class tailored clothing fabrics, kind of an alternative to Borrelli/Incotex/etc for biz caz with a modern silhouette.
Edited by johanm - 5/20/12 at 6:11pm
post #20111 of 41459
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgcookielol View Post

Do you guys think that the mdr is better in black calf, or lamb?
I know that ToJ lamb is so soft and luxurious, but this would be my 4th lamb jacket (I have a varsity, a 2010dr that I wear religiously, and an A2 on the way). I don't plan on putting the jacket through hard wear or rain (that sorta thing is reserved for the 2010dr).
I've read that ToJ calf has a denser grain, is twice as heavy as lamb, will probably last longer, and I've also read on the thread that it ages differently from lamb (I heard that it doesn't go matte, but darkens instead).
I want this jacket to give off a luxe vibe that'll complement my black A2, and i know that lamb will look/feel great, but with this probably being my last chance to order a TOJ calf leather jacket, I'm feeling curious as to what others have to say. shog[1].gif

I've got a mdr in dark blue calf and freaking love it. Great to have the rugged calf with the vicious design. Plus I already have a lamb a2.
post #20112 of 41459
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post

I've got a mdr in dark blue calf and freaking love it. Great to have the rugged calf with the vicious design. Plus I already have a lamb a2.

pic! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #20113 of 41459
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post

Based on the gallery pics it seems like calf looks best on jackets with a lot of hardware, like the 2010 dr and the 4 zip moto. It kinda makes for a consistent "heavy duty" theme. Maybe try it on the 4 zip mdr with silver zips?
Im pretty much set on getting a standard mdr. You bring up a good point about the calf looking great on the more rugged jackets (4zip/2010/moto) though. satisfied.gif I guess my conflict here is that i want to try and make this thing last 10-20 years if possible. shog[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post

I've got a mdr in dark blue calf and freaking love it. Great to have the rugged calf with the vicious design. Plus I already have a lamb a2.
This sounds amazing. I'm actually considring this with the new silver zips. Are you still breaking it in? How was mobility, and how tight did you order it? Do you have any pictures of the texture/grain?
post #20114 of 41459
crosspost from waywt. my new(ish) moto!

1713986
post #20115 of 41459
do you guys think the baseball jacket would come out in green suede or navy once TOJ starts up again after the break?

I have 10 days to decide whether I want the grey suede enough
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011