or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1281

post #19201 of 40755

IIRC, Dan has mentioned that the olive calfskin 2010 DR was the nicest jacket ever made by TOJ; bear in mind that he's seen/overseen the production of thousands of jackets... you should definitely get the olive calfskin if it's still available. I have the graphite Italian calfskin and I really like it - it seems to be more pliable than the regular calf, but that doesn't mean it's any less substantial (the jacket is heavier than my FQHH bomber) - and also, the texture is beautiful 

 

edit: I remember artishard mentioning that his old navy lambskin, while nice, is not comparable to the standard NZ black lamb. IMO stick with the black lambskin (if you want lamb) or go with the olive calf

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpberto View Post

Oh ok, I just thought I'd make sure. I was also wondering drew is the olive Italian calfskin a lot different than the other calfskin you use? because I want to get 2010 DR in navy lambskin but now that I got my moto calfskin. I'm almost tempted to get that in olive.

 

 

post #19202 of 40755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpberto View Post

Oh ok, I just thought I'd make sure. I was also wondering drew is the olive Italian calfskin a lot different than the other calfskin you use? because I want to get 2010 DR in navy lambskin but now that I got my moto calfskin. I'm almost tempted to get that in olive.

I have a navy lambskin QDR in queue; the olive calfskin was definitely my second choice of leather though.
post #19203 of 40755

Found the post peepwall[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

something to look at: olive calf 2010 DR. Dan messaged me and told me that this might be the nicest jacket we've ever made in his opinion, and well, he's seen them all.... color might not show up that well on your monitors, because it's a bit of a dark olive.
2exu0sn.jpg

 

 

post #19204 of 40755
Another photo of the red calf 2010DR. Sorry that it's a stylized instagram photo, and that it's more me than jacket.

350

I
post #19205 of 40755
Man, I've been spoiled by the softness of lamb on my last jackets - calf is tough as nail.... New jacket is going to require time and efforts to feel comfortable... but it looks great!
post #19206 of 40755
Snapped a picture of my A-1 when I was out earlier.

419

Plus a couple of close-ups for anyone interested.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
233

233

233
post #19207 of 40755

Post a picture nod[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Man, I've been spoiled by the softness of lamb on my last jackets - calf is tough as nail.... New jacket is going to require time and efforts to feel comfortable... but it looks great!

 

 

post #19208 of 40755
Damn, biggen! That looks fantastic. I can't wait to get my mdr so I can wear you know what with it patch[1].gif
post #19209 of 40755
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post

Post a picture nod%5B1%5D.gif

I will... as soon as the jacket lets me lift an arm to snap a shot laugh.gif
post #19210 of 40755
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Must sign up for tumblr just to follow Aeglus. His TOJ collection drool.gif

nineohtoo, I believe bows said he did a few pages back.

Unfortunately not, I just want them :|
post #19211 of 40755
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post

IIRC, Dan has mentioned that the olive calfskin 2010 DR was the nicest jacket ever made by TOJ; bear in mind that he's seen/overseen the production of thousands of jackets... you should definitely get the olive calfskin if it's still available. I have the graphite Italian calfskin and I really like it - it seems to be more pliable than the regular calf, but that doesn't mean it's any less substantial (the jacket is heavier than my FQHH bomber) - and also, the texture is beautiful 

edit: I remember artishard mentioning that his old navy lambskin, while nice, is not comparable to the standard NZ black lamb. IMO stick with the black lambskin (if you want lamb) or go with the olive calf



No I understand, I actually don't really wear too much black I don't even own a pair of black jeans but the olive is really tempting me, is there anything you can use or that anyone has used to treat the leather, cream/oil to make the leather more pliable?
post #19212 of 40755

^ I think you just have to wear the shit out of it

post #19213 of 40755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmaged View Post

Drew, just wondering, what was the design rationale for a lack of outer pockets on the t-1?
post #19214 of 40755
^ No side pockets on the original type-1:

1936_TYPE_1_JACKET_0.jpg
post #19215 of 40755
Thread Starter 
not much room for vertical hand pockets under there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011