As if. Would much rather play another round of "brown or black"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1257
Styleforum Top Picks
Added to this, most males are within a similar range of measurements whether they're 5'4 or 6'4, because the bare minimum most guys weigh is about 115/120 on the shortest end - so the changes are proportional, most people fit into 'regular' sizes. Maybe not with absolute precision, but close enough that one size will clearly fit you better than another size. And that's life outside of the TOJ universe...
I'm curious about where you take this, since you clearly understand the fashion / retail business and have a great eye for trends etc., but on the other hand I would think that it's a huge challenge to build a RTW streetwear line in the middle market that MTM TOJ currently occupies (ie not high volume fast fashion or high price runway stuff ). In fact I have a hard time coming up with any successful middle market brands that don't benefit from massive economies of scale. Is APC your model? Or do you see yourself as the next Visvim? I guess I don't see why not...
I don't want to tie my name to those names because they are old established brands with millions of dollars getting paid out to support their sprawl, in extra hands, in real estate footage, etc - they do use economies of scale, but in the end, think of how many hands are in the pot to sell a $175 pair of APC jeans. I don't want to get to the point where I have a big bloated operation just working to pay for paychecks, from the business standpoint it just needs to be a well-performing machine that delivers my goods reliably. I think in the cases of those big names, yes, all glory to Hiroki and to Jean, but maybe a case of diminishing returns, not necessarily needing to sow more seeds to reap more grain, or likewise, expecting that growth is linear and productive with every square inch of footprint.
I agree that people should not be able to make their own jackets in terms of aesthetics, still it would be nice to have a couple of adjustable options i.e. sleeve length and jacket length. What ever the case is I trust you aesthetic taste and I know you will continue to churn out quality garments that I will be willing to buy. I honestly thought it was ridiculous that someone is sending a jacket to scrap because of two buttons, if its in my size at a reduced price I wouldn't blink before kopping it for myself.
I want drews opinion on this as this will be my last pre revamp toj purchase should I stick with the Bball I have on order or go with a brown goat A-2? I think A-2 will always be a classic so I hope you keep making them. A-1 is a perfect spring - fall jacket and so is the Bball but the A-2 in goat or horse could be a better winter bomber? (cz its pretty cold in colorado)
I dunno, I'm sad that I didn't get in on TOJ early enough to get more than one MTM, but I have about zero worry of any OTR stuff looking any less awesome.
This is highly reminiscent, to me, of the usual "Should I add a quarter inch here?" "No, just email Charly and you'll get a perfect jacket." There's no reason not to trust these dudes to make shit well. They certainly have the track record to prove they know how to cut things well.
this pic really didnt get enough love when it was first posted
I will still continue to make clothes, but as was mentioned MTM will go by the wayside, it was being manipulated for the wrong reasons. The response to that is going to be me making OTR clothes in my own cut, my own choice of materials, full size runs, and no lead time involved with making order-made clothing. As was mentioned, there may need to be a hiatus as the changeover to a new identity, new clothing designs, and new methods to everything take hold.
i hope the usual leathers will still be available
Ahahah lol this gif is the best
Visvim is the worst, Ive only met awkward asian kids who are into it IRL / online
I had to look up what this is. It's a shame you won't be making more. That thing is
Also, browsing his tumblr makes me jealous of his life (and by association his insane ToJ collection of course)
Give 100 amateur people an open atelier for making clothes and people on stations to do the real work and make them, and say 'have at it' - 98, 99 if not 100 pieces produced would be fucking crap, probably... but you know what? People would love their own creations too. It's like clay day at pre-school, and everybody would get to take home their piece when the bell rings, etc. The rub there is that I don't want to be the local 'Clay Day provision services, pre-schools everywhere, book now!
Good stuff, man
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 seconds ago
- › Recent Purchases 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Shoulder expression 10 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 12 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 15 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)