Dope. In my dreams I'd replace the patch pockets with slash pockets though (with leather detailing of course).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 6/23/12 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1126
it's near black. It's about as dark as brown can go without being black, really. The zippers that will go on it will have zippers with brown taping a tone lighter, so that will help lighten the brown up and bring it out. Black leather is usually blue-black and so it reflects 'cold' and slightly bluish - but this dark brown goatskin will look black away from light, brown in light, and refract warmly.
I guess if the regular brown lambskin and calf is 'milk chocolate' then this dark brown goatskin is 'dark chocolate'
Sounds great Drew - have just placed an order for a dark brown goatskin collared moto. Already have a brown CWU-45, so it'll be great to have a different shade and texture. Cant wait!
Why do people get drawn to the CM so much? Just curious. It's among the weaker styles, I feel. I have already given my opinion on what I think the best makeups are, but it appears no one listens to me, lol.
No, absolutely not. If you removed the button flaps on the sleeves, you could have a nice hooded variation of a donkey jacket, but this would be an entirely different coat and not as nice as the duffle.
The CM is a safe jacket. It's something you could buy in your mid to late twenties, wear for ten years, and never really look out of place. The downside of this safety is it is a pretty boring jacket.
I have a brown lamb CM and feel that it's the perfect leather jacket. (For sale unfortunately since I started long distance running http://www.styleforum.net/t/281076/toj-brown-collared-moto-48-for-sale)
It is, in my opionion, the easiest jacket to wear. It's the cleanest of them all. I'm considering a second ToJ piece and leaning towards CWU/MDR/4ZIPDR but I keep coming back to wanting a perfect fitting CM, imo its the perfect mix of them all. It's cool as a MDR (without looking like John Travolta in Grease) and as casual as a Bomber/CWU.
This set of photos:
Also, the CM looks the most basic and versatile of the jackets.
- The new official TOJ thread, 2011
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 57 seconds ago
- › Graham Browne coming to Stockholm 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin. Carmina 2nd brand? 8 minutes ago
- › WTB Yuketen Black Ripple Sole Plain Toe Blutcher 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 20 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 20 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw