or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 1009

post #15121 of 40823
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

The seller said he never noticed the issue when i contacted him today. He said the varsity was in unworn condition. I do not want to think ill of anyone else, but I noticed the nicks/holes immediately when I unpacked the varsity from the box.

SIC PAYPAL ON THAT NIGGA
post #15122 of 40823
damn, those look like marks from staples

I hope you didn't send payment as a gift.
post #15123 of 40823
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

I know your initial reaction is to believe the seller, but there are a lot of people who would send it out damaged to recoup money on it and pretend to have known nothing of it. I can assure you that, despite whatever FedEx/USPS horror videos you have seen, the mailman did not open your package and stick thumbtacks in your leather.
Ultimately, at the end of the day, you want to cover your bases. I would open a case, while maintaining contact with the seller, just as a precautionary measure. The point in that is if you wait too long, paypal will do nothing about the matter and you will be left with paying full value for a damaged good. Opening a case does not have any negative impact on anyone, it merely just means that there was a little blip and it essentially opens up communications to rectify the matter. If you guys reach an amicable agreement, then you can just close the dispute and everyone is happy. It only becomes negative when you escalate it. That's when PayPal gets involved and is only resorted for when you cannot agree to terms or feel as if you are being scammed.

Fortunately I did not send as a gift payment. I will go ahead and contact Paypal to open up a case, have yet to hear back from the seller on my most recent message. In hindsight I suppose I was being a little naive, thanks for the helpful advice gentlemen.
post #15124 of 40823
no problem. I hope it all works out for you.

Just make sure, if you do end up getting a full refund, you should not pay for the shipping entirely. If you guys agree and split the cost, that's cool and your prerogative, but there's no reason you should foot the entire bill if you would not have purchased at all to begin with.
post #15125 of 40823
You may want to state the seller's name too in case he tries to pull this off to someone else.
post #15126 of 40823
appears to have been caused by an animal. I'm guessing a sunbear.
post #15127 of 40823
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

You may want to state the seller's name too in case he tries to pull this off to someone else.

I wouldn't until it's over and definitive. Even then I would only release the name under certain circumstances, just because I do not like airing out others dirty laundry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES View Post

appears to have been caused by an animal. I'm guessing a sunbear.

or a pedobear???
post #15128 of 40823
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

You may want to state the seller's name too in case he tries to pull this off to someone else.

not necessary for him to state my name...it was me

lets clear the air here...

i purchased it new from another SF member who made no mention of the marks

i did not notice the marks myself

now, i have had it for a few months or so and have tried it on twice...otherwise, it has sat in my closet and been untouched

George - i would suggest making a decision on your own as to how to proceed in this situation rather than going off what other members say...there's plenty of time to open a paypal dispute and it's a path that wasn't necessary to go down

i would like to hear what Drew has to say about it...not sure if it's possible that some leathers happen to have marks like shown on the sleeve due to how it had been handled previously or if it's something that tends to happen in the production process from time to time

regardless, it was not disclosed in the listing because i was not aware of it...i assure you my intentions were not to deceive foo.gif

if anyone wants to see other pics of the jacket they can been seen on the gallery - pics 175-179 and pic 187...you cannot see any signs of the damage in any of the pics but then again there are no close ups of the left shoulder
post #15129 of 40823
well just because you didn't see the marks and the previous seller didn't see them either doesn't mean it's not your fault for not looking at the item conditions carefully before listing it up for sale imo
post #15130 of 40823
it is true that you should always carefully look over anything you sell, especially if it was so evident to the recipient who noticed it immediately.

Listen, nobody here is against you (well I'm not at least) I am just trying to help the other guy out and let him know his options. I wouldn't have even brought your name up, tbh. I am just telling him that a dispute does not hurt either you or him, but it extends the time you guys can negotiate.
post #15131 of 40823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump's Brother View Post

not necessary for him to state my name...it was me
lets clear the air here...
i purchased it new from another SF member who made no mention of the marks
i did not notice the marks myself
now, i have had it for a few months or so and have tried it on twice...otherwise, it has sat in my closet and been untouched
George - i would suggest making a decision on your own as to how to proceed in this situation rather than going off what other members say...there's plenty of time to open a paypal dispute and it's a path that wasn't necessary to go down
i would like to hear what Drew has to say about it...not sure if it's possible that some leathers happen to have marks like shown on the sleeve due to how it had been handled previously or if it's something that tends to happen in the production process from time to time
regardless, it was not disclosed in the listing because i was not aware of it...i assure you my intentions were not to deceive foo.gif
if anyone wants to see other pics of the jacket they can been seen on the gallery - pics 175-179 and pic 187...you cannot see any signs of the damage in any of the pics but then again there are no close ups of the left shoulder
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

it is true that you should always carefully look over anything you sell, especially if it was so evident to the recipient who noticed it immediately.
Listen, nobody here is against you (well I'm not at least) I am just trying to help the other guy out and let him know his options. I wouldn't have even brought your name up, tbh. I am just telling him that a dispute does not hurt either you or him, but it extends the time you guys can negotiate.

No need for a witch hunt, it may have been an honest careless mistake. We can wait to see what Drew says about the marks. I have already offered to split return shipping.
post #15132 of 40823
So Drew when's sample sale?
post #15133 of 40823
I see that we have the seller in this forum
post #15134 of 40823
Quote:
Originally Posted by umhaha84 View Post

try CK vnecks, best tshirt ever.

Theyre pretty good, I used CKs before I made the switch to the starter brand ones from walmart...and theyre cheaper
post #15135 of 40823
fwiw, i got a varsity when they were first introduced and it had some stitch holes in the leather near the armpit. these don't look like stitch holes, but lots of things happen during the manufacturing process.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011