or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 2

post #16 of 41342
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
I never really figured out why the price jumps. Unless it's just bigger margin which would be totally justifiable since it's still a fair bit below what it should cost for these things. Those shots of the chesterfield are drool-worthy.

We buy our material, pay labor, and ship in a foreign country but receive our money in USD. The Forex and tax demands change frequently and we are at the mercy of them. I have kept a consistent margin requirement since I started, though.
post #17 of 41342
drew, does the fishtail have two-way zips? also, beginning of the new thread seems like an appropriate time to say congrats to the toj crew. it's been really interesting watching the brand evolve over the past year. keep it up.
post #18 of 41342
Thread Starter 
the fishtail just has a one-way zip; two way is not critical to the design (two way is never really that important, but people think they need them... ) Also, thank you to everyone; the more I work on this stuff, the better I feel about it, and the problems encountered along the way have been very few; it has truly been my pleasure thus far to do all of this.
post #19 of 41342
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
We buy our material, pay labor, and ship in a foreign country but receive our money in USD. The Forex and tax demands change frequently and we are at the mercy of them. I have kept a consistent margin requirement since I started, though.
I just think you're getting soaked if you're actually paying a bunch of money to the IRS, that's all. Might as well keep more in your pocket, I don't think people would begrudge you a bigger margin particularly if the alternative is it goes to the tax man.
post #20 of 41342
Thread Starter 
I have no choice man, Paypal has a mandatory reporting system to the IRS as of 2011.
post #21 of 41342
ykk isnt a problem. they are solid zippers aswell
post #22 of 41342
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
I have no choice man, Paypal has a mandatory reporting system to the IRS as of 2011.
And? I have a paypal account, I don't pay the IRS anything and I never would. It's not like paypal reporting to the IRS suddenly means all paypal accounts are liable to tax. I don't know your personal situation but as I said in the old thread, you're probably not liable to tax on your worldwide income. Anyway PM me or something if you're interested, thread's probably not the place for it.
post #23 of 41342
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
And? I have a paypal account, I don't pay the IRS anything and I never would. It's not like paypal reporting to the IRS suddenly means all paypal accounts are liable to tax. I don't know your personal situation but as I said in the old thread, you're probably not liable to tax on your worldwide income. Anyway PM me or something if you're interested, thread's probably not the place for it.

was also under the impression that you're only liable to be taxed by the country in which you're residing. i'm certainly not an expert, though.
post #24 of 41342
Edit. Nm. Misread
post #25 of 41342
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
And? I have a paypal account, I don't pay the IRS anything and I never would. It's not like paypal reporting to the IRS suddenly means all paypal accounts are liable to tax. I don't know your personal situation but as I said in the old thread, you're probably not liable to tax on your worldwide income. Anyway PM me or something if you're interested, thread's probably not the place for it.

My paypal and my bank accounts are based in the United States, where the IRS has implemented mandatory reporting in 2011. I'm not looking to skiv the system man, just due course.
post #26 of 41342
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
My paypal and my bank accounts are based in the United States, where the IRS has implemented mandatory reporting in 2011. I'm not looking to skiv the system man, just due course.
It doesn't matter where your bank account is based dude. Your tax liability is based on citizenship in the US and residence in Korea, and if you're liable to tax in both states it's determined under tie-breaker rules in a tax treaty. Basically, if you work and generally live in Korea the US has no business subjecting you to income tax. Like I said I don't know what your situation is, I don't know what TOJ's practice is, no idea, but I think you're probably making an incorrect assumption that will cost you a bunch of money.
post #27 of 41342
Finally a new thread.
post #28 of 41342
The prices are still very reasonable given what you receive. I think the jackets should come with a nice little garment/dust bag or tote or whatever. I'd pay a little extra for that. Receiving it in merely a plastic bag just feels disrespectful to the garment and to the obvious time put into its design and construction. Just a thought. And now I am thinking about a lamb jacket. Any new leather designs in the works (because you guys have really been slacking...(kidding...)?
post #29 of 41342
Probably a newb question, but whats the difference between italian and nz lambskin?
post #30 of 41342
Thread Starter 
^ you have a good point. I had thought of doing that long ago and somehow got sidetracked. For any new orders placed at today's new adjusted prices, I will make and include a custom embroidered garment or dust bag of some sort. New leather styles coming a little later. Will add to the current lineup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011