or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 908

post #13606 of 43161
Well, considering the SUV exists, maybe the bag can make it too? shog[1].gif
post #13607 of 43161
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Kinda want to make the daypack again, anybody interested? Thinking about doing a combo material model this time.

YES to daypack

no to combo! Id really want an all leather one, would the combo be leather/canvas, leather/suede?

actually a leather/suede sounds awesome foo.gif
post #13608 of 43161
Do you think the daypack will be in the sub $300 range again if you bring it out? If so, I'm down to buy a blacked out one, especially if you make one with black lamb biggrin.gif

Old suede one here btw: http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/daypack/
post #13609 of 43161
daypack needs to have stronger straps. maybe a cordura/leather combo for the straps to enable heavier load bearing. Was always afraid of overloading my older suede toj daypack, since it already snapped once.
post #13610 of 43161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurhur View Post

daypack needs to have stronger straps. maybe a cordura/leather combo for the straps to enable heavier load bearing. Was always afraid of overloading my older suede too daypack, since it already snapped once.

yeah. later we figured out it was limited to the green run only, and it was the maker's fault as he'd shaved the suede just a smidge too thin. The other colors weren't shaved. We've repaired a few of the green ones free of charge each time a claim comes forth, but the other colors have been fine, so it was a material/maker interface thing. Got it sorted out but it'll probably linger until all the green ones have been revised.
If we do the daypack again, it won't be suede, and the maker is well aware after repairing the green run that he would change the strap anchoring design.
post #13611 of 43161
Yes to daypack
post #13612 of 43161
Quit teasing with the idea of a daypack and let me know what it will cost so I can start saving!! Lol.
post #13613 of 43161
not complaining or anything, I love the daypack, but just thought that it was an issue worth raising. If there was another run of the daypack, would definitely purchase it as a thrasher pack. leather/camo goretex combo would be freaking awesome.
post #13614 of 43161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineohtoo View Post

Do you think the daypack will be in the sub $300 range again if you bring it out? If so, I'm down to buy a blacked out one, especially if you make one with black lamb biggrin.gif
Old suede one here btw: http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/daypack/

highly unlikely I'd make a black lamb daypack. I just can't get down with that look, i get flashbacks to the mid 90's and the Wilson's leather backpacks, lol. It was such a trashy look. Plus, too expensive now to hope to make and sell one for $300. Takes about half the leather and a little more than half the labor of a leather jacket to make something like that, so a cheaper material would be needed, or the price would have to be adjusted up. Plus you don't really want leather on leather, surely? I am trying to avoid being the leatherdaddy here, so some modicum of restraint is in order and not doing a full leather backpack is a lot easier.

I was thinking more along the lines of a mixed leather/waxed canvas or a wool v2 Daypack - I got some ideas for it. Same basis, remix of materials. It'd turn out nice, though.
post #13615 of 43161
I definitely want a durable and slouchy daypack.
post #13616 of 43161
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

I was thinking more along the lines of a mixed leather/waxed canvas or a wool v2 Daypack - I got some ideas for it. Same basis, remix of materials. It'd turn out nice, though.

with a camo bukkake lining. if that is the case, pm me the price and I'll pay immediately.
post #13617 of 43161
My seabag broke frown.gif leather was fine, but one of the metal buckles snapped in half. Goes to show how strong that horsehide is.
post #13618 of 43161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post

My seabag broke frown.gif leather was fine, but one of the metal buckles snapped in half. Goes to show how strong that horsehide is.

we can repair it, no worries. Talk to me later and I can set you up a repair.
post #13619 of 43161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Well, considering the SUV exists, maybe the bag can make it too? shog[1].gif

based on what, the Porsche? My supposition was also assuming the product would be aesthetically appealing at the same time, as a given devil.gif
post #13620 of 43161
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post

Just got my bomber, 6 weeks from order time. Thank god it fits! I just made a couple revisions to the original recommended measurements after giving my jacket and body measurements. I took the P2P measurement suggested, subtracted 1.5 inch for the midsection, and then another 1.5 inch for the waist. I reduced the suggested lengths by .5". I really enjoy this jacket. Very ready to purchase another since I've gotten a successful first-try on the sizing.
467
467
I like this look.

TOJ.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011