or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new official TOJ thread, 2011 - Page 765

post #11461 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post

dear drew
when i drink soju and go to eden, i get unexpected scratches (that look awesome) on my whiskey jacket
demanding a refund
sincerely,
aeglus

the problem is that you go to eden

It's the only place Astrovoize is guest DJing at lately frown.gif
post #11462 of 39266
Yeah Drew youre flat out wrong, I own a shawl collar barnstormer from aero and the only part of the coat not lined in shearling is the bottom 10 inches or so, so that it is comfortable to move about in (as its 3/4) length, the pockets, and the sleeves, which would otherwise be too difficult to move your arms in. Since you apparently know so much about all things leather you should know aeros fqhh is the best and most sought after leather currently available on the planet for use in jackets and is almost universally regarded as such. Its the shell cordovan of jackets. Its roughly twice the thickness and weight of the fqhh leather jacket I purchased from you, the material costs in the barnstormer are easily three times what you would pay if you got a remotely average deal on your materials.

With regard to the second jacket, if the Pakistanis can do it for 350, you could do it for 1500. Thats no small difference in price.

In all honesty both the leathers I have gotten from you are flawed in some way (dr has a wavy zipper, moto has several seams which have began unravelling, stiff horsehide needs stronger thread), head and shoulders above most shit out there, and the best patterning around but the construction isnt quite up to the level of an Aero, eastman, or langlitz, made in the west, probably by the same guy who takes your order (and owns the company), for less than half of your proposed "3 grand" for a decent shearling. And ps the shearling aero uses isnt cheap by any means, its the best stuff available, as is their fqhh.

Fanboys who know nothing about any other leather jacket makers please chime in now.
Edited by Carpenoctem - 11/16/11 at 3:29pm
post #11463 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenoctem View Post

With regard to the second jacket, if the Pakistanis can do it for 350, you could do ot for 1500.

He won't do it for less than $3,000. What part of this do you not understand?
post #11464 of 39266
Do you get an email when your order is shipped?
post #11465 of 39266
Ps Drew I love what you do here with clothes which is why I am and willncontinue to be a customer. I "troll" you because sometimes you say things which are pure fantasy, though Im sure in your mind you actually believe this stuff.

Sorry but the notion that youre jackets are soooo luxe and next level that it would be impossible for you to produce one up to your supposedly unreasonably high standards for less than 3 grand is complete bullshit. You probably just dont feel like making one, or are nervous about making such an expensive jacket and having it be a flop due to your admitted inexperience with shearling.

The very best shearling items out there (non fashionista brands) dont touch 2 grand. That burberry prorsum shit costs 5k for the same reason a cheap RO costs 2k...because rich fashion kids will pay that much.
post #11466 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

Do you get an email when your order is shipped?

typically, yes.

woodyear, you are insufferable. why do you keep buying ToJ and not aero then, if toj is so flawed?
post #11467 of 39266
Islander thats the whole point of my post dummy, the notion that he cant make a shearling for less than 3k is pukeworthy, and a lame excuse. 1500 is what id be willing to pay for a toj shearling, and that is generous. Drew knows he could do it for that much, when he originally brought upnthe idea of making a shearling coat he estimated the price at "over a stack" which is realistic for sure. With this 3k nonsense hes really just gone off the deep end. Guy thinks hes making Hermes or something.
post #11468 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenoctem View Post

Islander thats the whole point of my post dummy, the notion that he cant make a shearling for less than 3k is pukeworthy, and a lame excuse. 1500 is what id be willing to pay for a toj shearling, and that is generous. Drew knows he could do it for that much, when he originally brought upnthe idea of making a shearling coat he estimated the price at "over a stack" which is realistic for sure. With this 3k nonsense hes really just gone off the deep end. Guy thinks hes making Hermes or something.

then why don't you go buy an aero shearling instead of badgering drew?
post #11469 of 39266
Valbaara, to answer your immature, fanboy question, i buy toj because the patterning is sick and the quality and custruction are great although not without flaws. The flaws which are there are acceptable for the price. I buy Aero because its simply the best materials and construction available, but the patterns are cut for fat old men and require a ton of modifications to look good, they also take like 6 months to be made. There are downsides to everything, quit sucking the teet and drinking the punch, rook.
Edited by Carpenoctem - 11/16/11 at 4:08pm
post #11470 of 39266
I see what you're saying and I see what he's saying. Drew said IF he were to make a shearling, it would have to be leather that looked good on the shearling side and the hide side as well. Most shearlings are (I'm assuming) leather attached to the shearling hide, so you don't need a good looking hide on the other side of the shearling. It would make sense that leathers that are good looking hides with shearling on the other side would be more rare than any shearling hide, so they would be more expensive.

This is just how I see Drew's side of this. I could be completely wrong, and my assumptions could be unfounded. Who knows?
post #11471 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenoctem View Post

Valbaara, to answer your immature, fanboy question, i buy toj because the patterning is sick and the quality and custruction are great although not without flaws. The flaws which are there are acceptable for the price. I buy Aero because its simply the best materials and construction available, but the patterns are cut for fat old men and require a ton of modifications to look good, they also take like 6 months to be made. There are downsides to everything, quit sucking the teet and drinking the punch, rook.
Ohhh nice edit valbaara. His original post was "why do you keep buying flawed tojs instead of aero then?"

i edited my sentence so that it would make more sense. ain't seein how i'm the immature one here.
post #11472 of 39266
just finally completed my measurements and ordered a brown lamb a2 bomber w/placket and suede patch. i knew my first piece would require the annoying estimation and sizing. hopefully the measurements work out and i can purchase a subsequent moto without much further thought.

here's to it coming by the end of the first week of dec!
post #11473 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post

just finally completed my measurements and ordered a brown lamb a2 bomber w/placket and suede patch. i knew my first piece would require the annoying estimation and sizing. hopefully the measurements work out and i can purchase a subsequent moto without much further thought.
here's to it coming by the end of the first week of dec!

hehe thats two weeks from now. I wouldn't get your hopes up
post #11474 of 39266
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter95 View Post

just finally completed my measurements and ordered a brown lamb a2 bomber w/placket and suede patch. i knew my first piece would require the annoying estimation and sizing. hopefully the measurements work out and i can purchase a subsequent moto without much further thought.
here's to it coming by the end of the first week of dec!

Mine is in the mail since Monday and I ordered it September 17 IIRC...smile.gif

fucking toj1's....
post #11475 of 39266
baldy[1].gifbaldy[1].gif
Edited by ekim31 - 11/17/11 at 9:07pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The new official TOJ thread, 2011