or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Concerta and Adderall for ADHD and increased mental performance?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Concerta and Adderall for ADHD and increased mental performance?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Apparently these are the new study aids.
Is this the new caffiene for focus based activities.

I'm aware of certain medical professionals who use (keyword: not abuse) these for increased performance. Rumsfield and other top aids were rumoured to having been prescribed such meds.
post #2 of 12
There was a decent sized black market for both drugs at college when I was there 2 years ago. People who were legitimately prescribed the drug would sell off pills one at a time, or people would go to the doctor and request them, saying they were ADHD and couldn't study, and then would sell them.
post #3 of 12
Adderall became a hot commodity for my architect friends in college when their final projects were due. My ex and her best friend were fiends and had this really gross little mirror that was always caked with the stuff.
post #4 of 12
Stimulants are stimulants, they will help anybody focus. The difference between therapy and abuse is that people with ADHD who take stimulants are allowed to function as normal. People who take stimulants to give them an edge are abusing the meds.
post #5 of 12
At my school a number of people who are prescribed A-team (to use the vernacular) will share/sell it, particularly around finals time.
post #6 of 12
Yep, they're commonly used around finals time. Anybody know of something similar but available over the counter?
post #7 of 12
They are essentially speed, so for an over the counter substitute use either guarana or caffeine.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint
They are essentially speed, so for an over the counter substitute use either guarana or caffeine.

I don't think caffeine has the same effect.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I don't think caffeine has the same effect.
Dosage is the key.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
There was a decent sized black market for both drugs at college when I was there 2 years ago. People who were legitimately prescribed the drug would sell off pills one at a time, or people would go to the doctor and request them, saying they were ADHD and couldn't study, and then would sell them.
Do you know how one could obtain adderall w/o a prescription at a decent price? Please let me know, Thanks!!
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by addjoe
Do you know how one could obtain adderall w/o a prescription at a decent price?

Please let me know, Thanks!!

You joined just to post this question? You must be taking midterms.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by addjoe
Do you know how one could obtain adderall w/o a prescription at a decent price?

Please let me know, Thanks!!

I haven't been in school for over a year and a half, for one. Two, it was only talked about by aquaintances of mine in passing, not friends. And three, I would never get involved in the illicit sale of prescription or non prescription drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
You joined just to post this question? You must be taking midterms.

Pretty sad, huh?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Concerta and Adderall for ADHD and increased mental performance?