or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Couple of Shoe Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Couple of Shoe Problems - Page 2

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

Anybody [especially with knee problems] know of shoes that don't aggravate your knee once you break them in?

post #17 of 26
Do you have flat feet/low arches? This may cause some pronation thus hurting your knees. I'm no medical specialist so you should get this checked out. But I sometimes get the same thing
post #18 of 26
Do you have pictures of the offending pair? Does the pain arise when walking, standing, sitting, or all of the above? I encountered a case before where the pain comes when walking, standing and sitting causes no discomfort. Variety of reasons comes to mind, the more prominent being the shoes having too high a heel, and/or the soles still being too stiff. It may also be an exisiting condition aggravated by said reason(s). IMHO, consult a podiatrist if in doubt.
post #19 of 26
NIce
post #20 of 26
What model of AE Seconds are they?
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
Anybody [especially with knee problems] know of shoes that don't aggravate your knee once you break them in?

This doesn't relate to dress shoes, but go see a podiatrist. I play softball and do the occasional running and I was getting knee pain and shin splints with my cleats and turfs. I got some inserts and the shin splints and pain went away with the same pairs of shoes. Get it checked out.
post #22 of 26
What brand/type of shoes are they?
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
wow this is better answered in some medical forum site on joint support and so forth, not in a sf forum. i think your issue as you may already know, is more than just the shoes. i would ask a doctor
There is truth to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
YES! Dresses up my suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive View Post
deadly7, I'd suggest seeking the advice of a medical professional. This could be a sign of a medical problem that would be better to have diagnosed sooner rather than later. You may regret not doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
Do you have flat feet/low arches? This may cause some pronation thus hurting your knees. I'm no medical specialist so you should get this checked out. But I sometimes get the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edify, Inc View Post
Do you have pictures of the offending pair? Does the pain arise when walking, standing, sitting, or all of the above? I encountered a case before where the pain comes when walking, standing and sitting causes no discomfort. Variety of reasons comes to mind, the more prominent being the shoes having too high a heel, and/or the soles still being too stiff.

It may also be an exisiting condition aggravated by said reason(s). IMHO, consult a podiatrist if in doubt.
Walking was the big culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldyb View Post
NIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZON_JR View Post
What model of AE Seconds are they?


Quote:
Originally Posted by akkord View Post
This doesn't relate to dress shoes, but go see a podiatrist. I play softball and do the occasional running and I was getting knee pain and shin splints with my cleats and turfs. I got some inserts and the shin splints and pain went away with the same pairs of shoes. Get it checked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBugatti View Post
What brand/type of shoes are they?

The shoes were a pair of Bostonian somethingorothers I got a few months back. Talked to a doc I know and got the issue resolved with the same pair of shoes and a little bit of kinesiotape to fix the tracking of my knee. Seems to be working well today.

Comfort, OTOH, is still missing. Stiff leather and lack of a good cushion. Any suggestions?
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
Comfort, OTOH, is still missing. Stiff leather and lack of a good cushion. Any suggestions?

Softer leather. more cushion
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
Softer leather. more cushion

Is there anything to do or will the leather naturally soften over time? I suppose cushion could be addressed by an insole.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
Is there anything to do or will the leather naturally soften over time? I suppose cushion could be addressed by an insole.

Insole, Resole with a more comfortable sole, Orthotics, etc.... Are these the only shoes you're having an issue with? If so - sell em on EBAY.... Sounds like you didn't pay too much for them so I would stop wasting time with them.

Your knee doesn't hurt now but the leather is 'stiff' - so I assume you mean they're not comfortable. Invest in a better pair of shoes that fit you really well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Couple of Shoe Problems