or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Couple of Shoe Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Couple of Shoe Problems

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
So I have a pair of shoes that I believe I've broken in well (a few hours a week for the last ~4 months). When I walk it's very uncomfortable and sometimes even painful. The pain is knee pain I was going to be insoles but wasn't sure if it would make a difference. Any tips? They're rubber-soled if it makes a difference. Also, the leather seems really stiff. The shoes are corrected grain, but other CG shoes I've had haven't been this stiff.
post #2 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
So I have a pair of shoes that I believe I've broken in well (a few hours a week for the last ~4 months). When I walk it's very uncomfortable and sometimes even painful.

They don't fit. End thread.
post #3 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
They don't fit. End thread.

+1 . yes. they dont fit and are uncomfortable.
post #4 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
They don't fit. End thread.

I got measured before being given the shoe so I don't think that's it. They have a finger's room in the back and a little extra in front of the toes like I've read around here. Is that not right?
post #5 of 26
There's more to a shoe fitting that just length and width. There's no magic spell that makes an uncomfortable shoe suddenly comfortable.
post #6 of 26
Where does it hurt? A cobbler may be able to stretch the shoe or provide an insert that helps solve the problem.
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
Where does it hurt? A cobbler may be able to stretch the shoe or provide an insert that helps solve the problem.
As a side note, these proposed "solutions" are only necessary because the shoe doesn't fit.
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
Where does it hurt?



really they just dont fit sorry man but i think youre out of luck
post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
There's more to a shoe fitting that just length and width. There's no magic spell that makes an uncomfortable shoe suddenly comfortable.
So you think it may be a problem with the particular last on this shoe if it's sized correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
Where does it hurt? A cobbler may be able to stretch the shoe or provide an insert that helps solve the problem.
It hurts my knee when I walk; my feet are actually not bothered. I've tried wearing thick socks and it hasn't done much. I'm thinking the sole is more the culprit than the uppers.
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
So you think it may be a problem with the particular last on this shoe if it's sized correctly?


It hurts my knee when I walk; my feet are actually not bothered. I've tried wearing thick socks and it hasn't done much. I'm thinking the sole is more the culprit than the uppers.

Strange. Sounds like the sole. Maybe just move on and go with a different pair.
post #11 of 26
Badly made shoes can also cause pain.
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
So you think it may be a problem with the particular last on this shoe if it's sized correctly?


It hurts my knee when I walk; my feet are actually not bothered. I've tried wearing thick socks and it hasn't done much. I'm thinking the sole is more the culprit than the uppers.

Your knee? That's something important to point out from the beginning. I don't know anything about that. Probably a podiatrist would be best to answer your question.
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Badly made shoes can also cause pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
They don't fit. End thread.

this and this.

i can go to a store blindly and put on size 12 shoes and say they dont fit and hurt.
or i can go to a store with pants measurements of thigh and knee and waist and they wont fit.
you got to go with actual fit feel and wear.

i can go to the store and put on correctly fitted cole haan shoes but i will have to see a podiatrist at the end of the day.
post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
Your knee? That's something important to point out from the beginning. I don't know anything about that. Probably a podiatrist would be best to answer your question.

That's what I was thinking, but was curious if any SFers had experience in resolving knee pain that comes with certain shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
this and this.

i can go to a store blindly and put on size 12 shoes and say they dont fit and hurt.
or i can go to a store with pants measurements of thigh and knee and waist and they wont fit.
you got to go with actual fit feel and wear.

i can go to the store and put on correctly fitted cole haan shoes but i will have to see a podiatrist at the end of the day.

I guess I was confused when people said they don't fit versus they're not the right fit. Big difference imo.



Anybody [especially with knee problems] know of shoes that don't aggravate your knee once you break them in?
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post

Anybody [especially with knee problems] know of shoes that don't aggravate your knee once you break them in?

wow this is better answered in some medical forum site on joint support and so forth, not in a sf forum. i think your issue as you may already know, is more than just the shoes. i would ask a doctor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Couple of Shoe Problems