or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Is cordovan all that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is cordovan all that? - Page 13

post #181 of 266
Last December 26th before noon I called into the Dallas BB and picked them up for somewhere around $450 I think. I don't recall exactly what it cost but I remember since I had paid 80% face value for the gift card, I was in for less than $400 total.
post #182 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceW View Post
Last December 26th before noon I called into the Dallas BB and picked them up for somewhere around $450 I think. I don't recall exactly what it cost but I remember since I had paid 80% face value for the gift card, I was in for less than $400 total.

this strategy makes any BB sale worth it. Even if it is only 25% off
post #183 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post
this strategy makes any BB sale worth it. Even if it is only 25% off
Are you buying gift cards discounted on SF or does BB offer gift card discounts on occasion? (/hijack after this)
post #184 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booter View Post
Are you buying gift cards discounted on SF or does BB offer gift card discounts on occasion? (/hijack after this)

its the former. you will see them pop up on B&S for 80 - 85% of the cards value
post #185 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
Cordovans are usually excluded from the sale so don't count on it. Last xmas sale they were excluded,they were also excluded from the recent F&F sale.

They were technically excluded. However, the coupon code worked on line.
post #186 of 266
My next purchase and first cordovan pair of shoes.. in gorgeous blue: Courtesy of Leffot
post #187 of 266
^^^Those look good. I have a pair of navy shells on my wish list.
post #188 of 266
Those navy EGs are some of the nicest looking shoes i've ever seen...wonder how much they run. Last I heard, shell from EG was around 1700, no?
post #189 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRA8324 View Post
Those navy EGs are some of the nicest looking shoes i've ever seen...wonder how much they run. Last I heard, shell from EG was around 1700, no?

Pretty sure that will be a Leffot exclusive. Im curious too.
post #190 of 266
spot on with the price
post #191 of 266
Great EGs Alpha - other than Chapels and William IIs nicest doubles IMO.

cordovan creasing second from left - worn shoes



Comparison shots to show the difference between cordovan, aniline (outer two) and semi-crust leather (2nd from right) .


cordo beef rolls



patina

Cordo's got personality in spades.
I agree with others that cordo creasing can dominate the look of a shoe - so sometimes not so great on the best Bals, for example.

Love the depth, character and patina of cordovan, and the shine with the right polish - like Saphir - can't be beat.
post #192 of 266
picked these up at a local op shop for about 100. looks grand spanking new. now how to rock black shoes. i havent owned a pair in a while.
post #193 of 266
Always smell my cordovan shells before putting them on.

mmm
post #194 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
Is cordovan all that?

It's all that and much more.

All that and a bag of cedar chips.
post #195 of 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaO888 View Post
My next purchase and first cordovan pair of shoes.. in gorgeous blue:



Courtesy of Leffot

Those are beautiful and worth the retail price IMO.

Is that the 888 last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Is cordovan all that?