• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Purchase Club (January -AND- February 2011)

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is January 03, 2011

This is the 'Official NO PURCHASE Club for January and February 2011 .'

Rules:
  • All are welcomed and encouraged to join.
  • Any residual incoming from Christmas is OK as long as it was paid for before signing up.
  • Sign up now. The deadline to sign up is THURSDAY JAN 06, 2011.(up to midnight-central time)
  • This also accomodates those on the Julian Calendar who's Christmas occurs on Jan 07
  • Remember, This is for TWO months, until the end of February 2011.
  • Christmas returns or exchanges are permitted as long as you pay nothing extra to exchange.
  • You agree by signing up, to purchase absolutely nothing clothes-related for yourself during this time..
  • Any and all infractions must be summarily and honestly reported here.

This has to be the easiest time of year not to spend, so hopefully we get a good number of you signing up. This is the time to be strong. Who's with me?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am officially signed up. I have a few legacy purchases kicking in this week, but from here on out, I will buy nothing for two months.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sign me up.

I have two shirts coming from Hemrajani, but I can't buy anything until the spring at the earliest. Wife is due in a week and looking to sell condo/buy house in spring. Can use all of the available cash I can muster.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I give my committment. I've learned, that if you don't look, you won't buy. The trouble with credit cards is that it disassociates the purchase from the paying. So no more pink jeans, SF comic relief will have to come elsewhere.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I'm in...In fact, I'm going to generate some income from my excesses over the next 2 months.

On edit: I have a few stragglers making their way in this month (shoes, sportcoat, pants, etc), but will not purchase any more.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
In Europe the end of January means "January Sales" the Sale of Sales in some places. This is soo hard to resist !

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
I'm in too. I have 2 things on the way, but won't spend anymore from here on out.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PTWilliams
I've learned, that if you don't look, you won't buy.

Bingo.

This is the key to self control, in my experience. It means I need to stop reading SF, Will's blog, and other style sites as often as I do. But it's for a good cause. And I am staying out of B&S altogether. I know that, once I go in, I'm not coming out empty handed. Better not to go in at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads