or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Your favorite fast food restaurant and meal?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your favorite fast food restaurant and meal? - Page 6

post #76 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Probably closer to a Starbucks or Seattle's Best version - they have the whole faux-hip-with-vaguely-progressive-pretentions-set-to-cool-music thing down pretty well. But I do think the food is pretty good. Caveat: my experience is limited to the Beverly Hills branch and may be influenced by the fact that I've become friendly with the awesome employees there, who are always great to my daughter and remember what we like (they're always happy to make a quesadilla for her, which is not actually on the menu).
But check it out.
I think Stax was refering to the fact that Chipotle is actually owned by McDonalds which is true.
post #77 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I love the Jack's deep fried tacos. it's a disaster but tastes so good. and they have strawberry fanta. but they dont use Heinz ketchup so fries always taste like shit

Mine does. But anyway, before they did, I brought my own in a special sterling silver French basket, because I knew they would just foul it all up.
post #78 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
I think Stax was refering to the fact that Chipotle is actually owned by McDonalds which is true.

yeah, that's what I thought. I assumed (wrongly, apparently) that the quality of the food was similar.
post #79 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Mine does. But anyway, before they did, I brought my own in a special sterling silver French basket, because I knew they would just foul it all up.

at least the Jack n Box order taker doesnt tell you his name.....all the Carls Jr around me have a chirpy pre-recorded drive thru greeting that says "Hi my name is ______ would you like to try a milkshake with your order" before a real human being comes on, sounded much less enthusiastic.
post #80 of 97
Oh shit, topcat reminded me of Skyline Chili (3 or 4 way, ftw!) (does this count as fast food? I think it does.)
post #81 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The French dip + cheddar w/ large curly fries and an ice-cold soft drink is an unholy delight.
YEEESSS!!! (except I HATE curly fries)
post #82 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4them
YEEESSS!!! (except I HATE curly fries)

I love the potato cakes too, if you prefer those!
post #83 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Oh shit, topcat reminded me of Skyline Chili (3 or 4 way, ftw!) (does this count as fast food? I think it does.)

Four way bean or onion? It doesn't even matter; if you don't do a five way, you're nothing.
post #84 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
Four way bean or onion? It doesn't even matter; if you don't do a five way, you're nothing.

Onion, I don't like beans
post #85 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I love the potato cakes too, if you prefer those!
I do like those a lot better. Have you noticed that they changed the bbq sauce at Arby's in recent years? I used to love it, but they've made it thicker and sweeter than the original, and now I hate it. It used to have a little vinegar zing to it that's no longer there. Just wondering if I'm the only one who's noticed. Still love the Horsey sauce though, and thanks for the brilliant idea of adding cheddar to the French Dip!
post #86 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4them
I do like those a lot better. Have you noticed that they changed the bbq sauce at Arby's in recent years? I used to love it, but they've made it thicker and sweeter than the original, and now I hate it. It used to have a little vinegar zing to it that's no longer there. Just wondering if I'm the only one who's noticed. Still love the Horsey sauce though, and thanks for the brilliant idea of adding cheddar to the French Dip!
That's crazy talk. Arby's sauce tastes the same to me, at least in LA. I literally drink a glass of it with my sandwich every time.
post #87 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
That's crazy talk. Arby's sauce tastes the same to me, at least in LA. I literally drink a glass of it with my sandwich every time.
Well, they've definitely changed what they use in Va., which is the only place I ever get Arby's. There aren't any in NYC (they did have one in the West Village for a couple of years), so I can't say, but good to know that it hasn't changed everywhere.
post #88 of 97
ohhhhhhhh how I miss Mos Burger. I'm really glad a couple people mentioned it in this thread. last time I had one was this past summer in tokyo, and prior to that , Hawaii. I should consider opening a franchise here in connecticut.
post #89 of 97
I guess being Canadian, my most favourite fast food item has got to be poutine... one of the greatest inventions the french Canadians have ever invented.
post #90 of 97
No mention of Hardee's? I really think their Thickburgers are the best fast-food burgers available (granted, we don't have In N Out around here).

I also love Chik Fil A, as several others have mentioned. Their nuggets are addictive; I hate to think what kind of damage I could do if I were ever put in front of one of the party platters shown on their menu....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Your favorite fast food restaurant and meal?