or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Living with your GIRLFRIEND
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Living with your GIRLFRIEND - Page 2

post #16 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
^^ : /

I don;t agree with any of that nonsense. I hope you don't use that advice as your guiding principal.

Considering I'm 27 years old, I have a plus 750 credit score that hasn't been ruined by BK's or rent agreements I couldn't live up to because the woman I moved in with, no longer lives with me lol, no kids, no baggie, and the freedom to do whatever I want and in a 3 year span i saw my best friend shack up with his "wifey" only to catch her in the club myself with my own two eyes with her tongue down someone else's throat and nothing my BF can do about it because he can't afford to move lol,.. yeah I do lol.

you might not like what I'm saying but it's the uncensored truth that you need to hear pimpin
post #17 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedaae View Post
She knows you can't go out and bang someone else ... and now she doesn't have to bang you as often.
It depends upon the rules used to define a given relationship. Rules are best made before a marriage is entered ... not that they can't be later amended, added, or lost. Mine put it this way, "Darling, monogamy when it comes to sex is meaningless ... I only demand it socially. There will be no public appearances with someone else."
post #18 of 74
guess you've been burned befire. how is your opinion truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedaae View Post
Considering I'm 27 years old, I have a plus 750 credit score that hasn't been ruined by BK's or rent agreements I couldn't live up to because the woman I moved in with, no longer lives with me lol, no kids, no baggie, and the freedom to do whatever I want and in a 3 year span i saw my best friend shack up with his "wifey" only to catch her in the club myself with my own two eyes with her tongue down someone else's throat and nothing my BF can do about it because he can't afford to move lol,.. yeah I do lol.

you might not like what I'm saying but it's the uncensored truth that you need to hear pimpin
post #19 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
It depends upon the rules used to define a given relationship. Rules are best made before a marriage is entered ... not that they can't be later amended, added, or lost.

Mine put it this way, "Darling monogamy when it comes to sex is meaningless ... I only demand it socially.
yeah that one isn't that big a deal, but I've seen it happen. But the leverage thing more than anything is why you should not move in with a woman until you are married.

Because for all intents and purposes, you are married the day you move in with her.
post #20 of 74
i also think it's sort of ridiculous that you keep saying pimpin
post #21 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
guess you've been burned befire. how is your opinion truth?
it's not about being burned, who here who has dated more than 1 girl hasn't been burned lol, it happens. I wish that girl the best, we keep in touch actually. I have nothing against her. But man I've been around the block, I'm just telling you from experience what the deal is. You need to realize man that, while some relationships "rock", all start out that way and alot of relationships, end. In fact, every relationship with the oppsiste sex you have, execpt 1, will end, and some people don't even get that 1. I personally, think it's more prudent to prepare for the most likely outcome, rather than hoping "she's the one". And what does my " being burned" have to do with anything? she is the one that got kicked out not me. I slept well that night. She is the one that had to move back in with her mom. Her cheating has nothing to do wit the post, that was just an example to show how having your own place can have a visible benefit. Just think if I knew she did that, and we had signed a lease together? I can't sleep next to someone I know is cheating. And I was going to propose in a few months. she screwed all that up. Alot. You have to bring some sense of logic to the table when it comes to things like this and not get worked up because of all the poon you are getting. And you need to put yourself in the best position you possibly can in case of emergency, and as much as people don't want to admit it, emergencies do happen.
post #22 of 74
cool, i will make sure to tell my wife i cannot move in with my girlfriend
post #23 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedaae View Post
I have, one of those, the greatest man alive fathers, the guy in the commercial. My dad so pimp it's ridiculous. While I was raised by my mom, my dad was in my life, I saw him everyday, and my dad had a way with the ladies, and he sat me down and explained to me at an earl age growing up, how things really work with the opposite sex, not what the media wants you to think of what women want you to believe.

The two most important things he told me are 1. do not get married until you are at least 30 or else you are short changing yourself and 2. I don't care how good a girl's you know what is, I don't care how close you are to getting married, I don't care if you are sleeping over every night, until you are married, keep your own place. At the very least, let her move in with you, do not get a place together, and do not move in with her.

Over the years, I have understood why

1. the second you move in, you are done for as far as sex. Se knows you can't go out and bang someone else, and now she doesn't have to bang you as often. Having your own place allows options.

2. More than anything, it's leverage You move into her. You don't like the way she's treating you or you don't like something she did, you can only take your argument, to a certain level, because she can, and will tell you to GTFO. If you get a place together, you are going to be asked to leave before she does. And you don't' want to do the living with my ex thing while she's going out banging someone else. You need to have the ability to kick her out or leave. I don't care how inconvenient it is,l I don't care how much money it can save you by shacking up.


When I was 22 years old, I was dating this girl, we had been dating for 9 months. she had slowly but shortly moved in. She was 26. Smokin hot bod. I liked her alot, so I didn't mind. She went out with her older sister every Thursday and honestly, I didn't care, because I could spend time doing my thing.

so one Thursday, 1am comes, she isn't home. club closes at 12:30. 2 comes, she isn't home. 3 come she isn't home. I fall asleep. I hear her trying to creep in the bed at 4:30am. I wake her up and confront her on it, and the hone rings and some dude is on the phone looking for her. I don't say 2 words at that point, wake up, put all her shit in a bag and tell her to get lost, had the locks changed. No muss no fuss, no drama, GTFO. No awkwardness, no withholding of sex and stuff, no worrying about trying to find a place now, etc.

There is no scenerio ere it's okay for a guy not to have his own place until the day he is married. When you are married, okay obviously.
Do you think that craziness would have not happened had you never let her move into your house?
post #24 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedaae View Post
it's not about being burned, who here who has dated more than 1 girl hasn't been burned lol, it happens. I wish that girl the best, we keep in touch actually. I have nothing against her. But man I've been around the block, i"m just telling you from experience what the deal is. You either can listen or don't but don't say no one tried to tell you.
kunk is an old married guy
post #25 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedaae View Post
Considering I'm 27 years old, I have a plus 750 credit score that hasn't been ruined by BK's or rent agreements I couldn't live up to because the woman I moved in with, no longer lives with me lol, no kids, no baggie, and the freedom to do whatever I want and in a 3 year span i saw my best friend shack up with his "wifey" only to catch her in the club myself with my own two eyes with her tongue down someone else's throat and nothing my BF can do about it because he can't afford to move lol,.. yeah I do lol.

you might not like what I'm saying but it's the uncensored truth that you need to hear pimpin

good job on the credit score...
post #26 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Unless you are poor and need to save money on rent, why would you want to do this?

It seems like a lot of relationships get to a point where one person is staying with the other most nights and the extra apartment just becomes more of a safe spot in the event that you have an argument or something.
post #27 of 74
I wouldn't move in with a girl prior to getting engaged with her. Of course, I say that now as a guy without a girlfriend at the moment so circumstances may change in the future.
post #28 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post
Do you think that craziness would have not happened had you never let her move into your house?

you are missing the point, it would have happened regardless, becuase she was a whore lol. That's not the point. The point is, moving in isn't going to save or unsave a relationship. It will however, save or unsave your ass in the case of a fight or the case she falls out of love or something like that.

My point in posting that tidbit of info, was to show how easily I resolved the situation and how little muss it was, not that women who move in with you cheat.


She was staying with her sister before she moved in, but from September to the beginning of december she was at my house 5-6 nights a week anyway. Even if she didn't move in with me, the same thing would have happened becuase more than likely she would have spent the night over my house. the event of her being a whore is not the point of the thread. The point is how the situation was rectified. What if her name was on the lease, I can't just kick her out then. What if I was a real dumbass and moved in with her? Then I have to leave when she decides to cheat or even worse,I don't say anything about it and let her walk over me? That's the point.
post #29 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedaae View Post
you are missing the point, it would have happened regardless, becuase she was a whore lol. That's not the point. The point is, moving in isn't going to save or unsave a relationship. It will however, save or unsave your ass in the case of a fight or the case she falls out of love or something like that.

My point in posting that tidbit of info, was to show how easily I resolved the situation and how little muss it was, not that women who move in with you cheat.


She was staying with her sister before she moved in, but from September to the beginning of december she was at my house 5-6 nights a week anyway. Even if she didn't move in with me, the same thing would have happened becuase more than likely she would have spent the night over my house. the event of her being a whore is not the point of the thread. The point is how the situation was rectified. What if her name was on the lease, I can't just kick her out then. What if I was a real dumbass and moved in with her? Then I have to leave when she decides to cheat or even worse,I don't say anything about it and let her walk over me? That's the point.
Yes, I got your point the first time. It's about covering your own AZZ! Signing any legal documents or living under her roof takes away some of the power to protect yourself.
post #30 of 74
I think that moving in with a gf is a big deal - I see it as the step before marriage. If you're not ready for that, why do it? If she's the one, then it's like a trial period before marriage, to make sure nothing odd turns up. However, I don't understand people who move in together but then don't seem to move forward. Why live with someone you're sleeping with every night for 5-10+ years if you're not going to marry them?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Living with your GIRLFRIEND