or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › New TV Show Heroes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New TV Show Heroes - Page 17

post #241 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
That would mean that somehow he gets them all back again, now wouldn't it?

After watching the latest episode, I have a question. Since Daphne moves fast enough to see Hiro freeze time, how come she didn't see him when he froze time, went back in the past, and rigged up the blood packet on Ando, then popped back into the present with time still frozen to fake-stab Ando? And has he been able to do both like that before? Freeze time, leave, and come back to it still being frozen?

I think this show needs better writers. Writers who are way more nerdy. Like me. Sadly, I'd require that they pay me about $45-50k a year for my services, so that I could move down to L.A. and be able to live. That may be asking too much.

Because Daphne needs to "turn on" her powers, she doesn't move super quick all the time. If she was running and Hiro stopped time, she'd notice, but since she wasn't consciously speeding, she was oblivious.

It's all catalogued in detail in my book.
post #242 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I like how Papa Patrelli had all this medical equipment hooked up to him in some steral room, yet still slept in a heavy oak bed frame.

He is so badass.

I don't know if anyone here follows the comics but I remember the Linderman/Petrelli ww2 comic. Petrelli was a serious fellow (taught Linderman sacrifices were necessary by having the weather witch killed iirc). I always found it strange that he would pussy out and kill himself. I should have known better.
post #243 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktri View Post
He is so badass.

I don't know if anyone here follows the comics but I remember the Linderman/Petrelli ww2 comic. Petrelli was a serious fellow (taught Linderman sacrifices were necessary by having the weather witch killed iirc). I always found it strange that he would pussy out and kill himself. I should have known better.

If Petrelli could steal people's powers, why didnt he steal Munroe's or Claire's (seemingly the only 2 immortal ones, and they both are in America) powers years ago?

I love the show, but the plot is so full of holes sometimes (read: all the time).

I think its dumb that sylar has a shitload of powers, but chooses to only use TK.
post #244 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Why do people find Clair hot? I mean, she's not unattractive but I find her a little chubby.

Clair has become a fat ass this season. You would think the teets would be growing with the extra weight, sadly no.
post #245 of 325
Too many plot threads so the grand tapestry of the plot is moving far too slowly IMO. Too many holes in the Adam turns to dust when his powers are stolen concept. And ditto other folks, why didn't Pere Petrelli just nab someone else's? Because they were blood? Doesn't seem to inhibit anyone there.

The only real entertainment was Hiro getting beaned on the head 1 minute in the past.
post #246 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post
Clair has become a fat ass this season. You would think the teets would be growing with the extra weight, sadly no.

I prefer chubbier girls who aren't blonds. Therefore I don't like Ali Larter or Claire

If Ali was a brunette then I'd hit that
post #247 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
If Petrelli could steal people's powers, why didnt he steal Munroe's or Claire's (seemingly the only 2 immortal ones, and they both are in America) powers years ago?

I love the show, but the plot is so full of holes sometimes (read: all the time).

I think its dumb that sylar has a shitload of powers, but chooses to only use TK.

1) No one really knew about Claire's powers until Season 1, when Mr. Petrelli committed suicide (I'm guessing someone tried to kill him).

2) Too many possible responses. In the comic Linderman heals him so it is possible he never needs the healing power until Linderman's death. I don't think Petrelli kept Monroe around for knowledge b/c he could have just drained Monroe's blood and healed himself with it.

We also don't know how Petrelli's power works yet. It may be the case that he only has the powers temporarily in which case he was saving Monroe as a snack for later.

I think Adam turned to dust because his powers were the only thing keeping him together and the negation of his powers killed him. Or maybe Mr. Petrelli has an ability to turn people into dust, but I doubt it.

Not sure what you mean why couldn't Peter nab someone else's power when he lost his power it seems. Or if you mean the father Petrelli nabbing Claire's power when he doesn't know she has healing power.
post #248 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktri View Post
1) No one really knew about Claire's powers until Season 1, when Mr. Petrelli committed suicide (I'm guessing someone tried to kill him).

2) Too many possible responses. In the comic Linderman heals him so it is possible he never needs the healing power until Linderman's death. I don't think Petrelli kept Monroe around for knowledge b/c he could have just drained Monroe's blood and healed himself with it.

We also don't know how Petrelli's power works yet. It may be the case that he only has the powers temporarily in which case he was saving Monroe as a snack for later.

I think Adam turned to dust because his powers were the only thing keeping him together and the negation of his powers killed him. Or maybe Mr. Petrelli has an ability to turn people into dust, but I doubt it.

Not sure what you mean why couldn't Peter nab someone else's power when he lost his power it seems. Or if you mean the father Petrelli nabbing Claire's power when he doesn't know she has healing power.

I'm going to hazard a guess at the fact he keeps the powers permanently, which seems to be sort of a Petrelli family tradition (sorry Nathan). He seems to have telepathy that he uses to "talk"

It seemed that Chandra Suresh, with his limited funds, managed to tag quite a few people with abilities across the world, probably some with self healing as well. Then why, even though the Company has unlimited funds (Bob) couldn't Arthur find another healer and steal his powers.

But I'm sure the show is just a multi-layered allusion to the Bush Administration
post #249 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
But I'm sure the show is just a multi-layered allusion to the Bush Administration

Is that why it's been going downhill fast, continuously getting more ridiculous and less consistent over time? I thought they just had bad writers...
post #250 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
I'm going to hazard a guess at the fact he keeps the powers permanently, which seems to be sort of a Petrelli family tradition (sorry Nathan). He seems to have telepathy that he uses to "talk" It seemed that Chandra Suresh, with his limited funds, managed to tag quite a few people with abilities across the world, probably some with self healing as well. Then why, even though the Company has unlimited funds (Bob) couldn't Arthur find another healer and steal his powers. But I'm sure the show is just a multi-layered allusion to the Bush Administration
Bob and Mr. Petrelli aren't on good standing. (Mr. Petrelli tried to kill Bob) I don't think it is reasonable to assume anything we haven't been shown edit: Sorry, who did Papa Suresh tag with healing? I don't remember, it's been a while.
post #251 of 325
I don't get it. Pappa P took Petes powers. But, Pete can absorb powers too. So, I bet he absorbed his fathers powers while his father took the powers he absorbed previously.

Wow, if I say another P word, I'm going to shoot myself.
post #252 of 325
yeah I thought so too I guess Peter already had his fathers power all along (like he had Sylar's powers since they first met) but hadn't activated it. edit: peter doesn't absorb, just copy
post #253 of 325
I missed tonight's episode. (too much sports on TV right now) When will they upload the video onto the NBC website?
post #254 of 325
^Tomorrow I think. Used to be midnight. Not sure anymore though, as I don't watch on the NBC website anymore.
post #255 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post
I missed tonight's episode.
(too much sports on TV right now)
When will they upload the video onto the NBC website?

Downloading a torrent as we speak...um...type..

SPOILER





































































































/SPOILER
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › New TV Show Heroes