or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › New TV Show Heroes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New TV Show Heroes - Page 14

post #196 of 325
I predict this will be the show's last season. It shows a certain lack of creativity when the arch villian(s) and heroes can't stay dead. Bringing back Sylar and both Patrelli brothers was a default jumping of the shark IMO.

That said, S3 first few episodes were good. +2, speedster chic = annoying.
post #197 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I predict this will be the show's last season. It shows a certain lack of creativity when the arch villian(s) and heroes can't stay dead. Bringing back Sylar and both Patrelli brothers was a default jumping of the shark IMO.

That said, S3 first few episodes were good. +2, speedster chic = annoying.

I dunno, I see it as part of the superhero logic I just posted about; dramatic deaths and mysterious survivals. With that being said I wish they'd get rid of Sylar; he was perfect for season 1 as the mysterious unknown and circumstantial harbringer of NYC's destruction but now that we know a little bit more he's just some regular bad guy with no interesting purpose. They could have easily found better villains by opening level 5 or continued with the wicked doings of the elder generation.
post #198 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
I dunno, I see it as part of the superhero logic I just posted about; dramatic deaths and mysterious survivals. With that being said I wish they'd get rid of Sylar; he was perfect for season 1 as the mysterious unknown and circumstantial harbringer of NYC's destruction but now that we know a little bit more he's just some regular bad guy with no interesting purpose. They could have easily found better villains by opening level 5 or continued with the wicked doings of the elder generation.

Exactly my point about lacking a certain creative edge. Level 5 and the past gives them an unlimited, story line plausible, well to create new bad guys from. The fact they had to bring Sylar back, does not speak well for the series' longevity IMO.
post #199 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Exactly my point about lacking a certain creative edge. Level 5 and the past gives them an unlimited, story line plausible, well to create new bad guys from. The fact they had to bring Sylar back, does not speak well for the series' longevity IMO.

They're playing to audience favorites and did, at least, feature him in a slightly new light. I doubt he'll be the series main bad guy or at the center of the most dramatic events. I hope Suresh comes back to the personality he had in season 1 though, he's important as the driven but level-headed cast member the audience can relate to. Oh and more prisoners than the ones we've seen escaped according to Noah so it sounds pretty good.


BTW CE comment: Is Nathan Petrelli a repub or dem?
post #200 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
They're playing to audience favorites and did, at least, feature him in a slightly new light. I doubt he'll be the series main bad guy or at the center of the most dramatic events. I hope Suresh comes back to the personality he had in season 1 though, he's important as the driven but level-headed cast member the audience can relate to.


BTW CE comment: Is Nathan Petrelli a repub or dem?

Agreed about Suresh. I think Petrelli is a Dem (NYC after all).

I am getting tired of the past/future Peter's and their light/dark personality splits.
post #201 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Agreed about Suresh. I think Petrelli is a Dem (NYC after all).

I am getting tired of the past/future Peter's and their light/dark personality splits.

Well his affairs are with women so I'd also say he's a dem but now that he's found god I'm not so sure.
post #202 of 325
1st season rocked. now it's just a jumbled mess of plot holes, stupid quips, too much going on, and lame new characters. looks good in HD though.
post #203 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Well his affairs are with women so I'd also say he's a dem but now that he's found god I'm not so sure.

Oh no, god is hip with the Dems this cycle. You just tell everyone that you do not think enough of your belief system to actually live it.
post #204 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Oh no, god is hip with the Dems this cycle. You just tell everyone that you do not think enough of your belief system to actually live it.

I'd rather they don't live it....

So what's the formula? What Suresh already discovered or something else that sounds good on paper but has unintended consequences the fools who will end up with the paper are not aware of (thus bringing about the future Peter thought he avoided).
post #205 of 325
Waaay better than season two. Sylar bores me now though.
post #206 of 325
I actually liked Sylar as a "good guy"...

I think him and Noah make a good "buddy cop" team.
Plus, Sylar has to "eat" ya know.
post #207 of 325
One thing that always annoyed me about comic book deaths is that they are almost never permanent. That said, I wouldn't mind if they brought back Kaito Nakamura, or visited him in the past. It's always a treat to see George Takei on screen. Can he fluently speak Japanese in real life?
post #208 of 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post
looks good in HD though.
Honestly, half the reason I even watch this show. Looks amazing. Also, it lets me geek out without really being a geek.
post #209 of 325
I tried to get in to this show. The first handful of episodes were entertaining. Then it seemed to me to get formulaic/redundant. Now it seems to be a weekly hour-long buildup where nothing happens, and is continued to another hour-long buildup where nothing happens the following week. I don't watch it week to week anymore. If I'm around and it's on, I'll give it a look. I was still pretty disappointed with the season 1 finale. A whole season building up to face Sylar, and they fought him for 20 seconds before Peter blew up. Bringing Sylar back for season 2 made the entire season 1 a waste.
post #210 of 325
I actually like this show a lot. I hope they will start using the Haitian more now that he came back in the last episode. He's one of the more interesting characters imo. Am I the only one who doesn't like Suresh?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › New TV Show Heroes