or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Any pointers on spoting fake Canali's on Ebay?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any pointers on spoting fake Canali's on Ebay?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Some prices look a little too low on E-Bay, can anyone give me some pointers on what to look for?

Thanks in advance
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooATL
Some prices look a little too low on E-Bay, can anyone give me some pointers on what to look for?

Thanks in advance

Post links/pics.
post #3 of 9
It's highly unlikely there are any fake Canali's out there. Low prices are not really a good cause for suspicion. But post pics if you want to be 100% sure.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
OK, for example

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANALI-PROPOSTA-...QQcmdZViewItem

Nothing stikes me as wrong, but still...
post #5 of 9
Nothing fake about that. It's a used suit from the 80s (early 90s at best) for $150. Why would anyone in their right mind fake such a thing? It's worth $20 - $30 tops.
post #6 of 9
I don't believe Canali's are well-known enough to be worthwhile to fake.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Well I wasn't going to buy that specific one, it was a quick example.

Thanks for the feedback. Is it wrong that less people know about them.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Nothing fake about that. It's a used suit from the 80s (early 90s at best) for $150. Why would anyone in their right mind fake such a thing? It's worth $20 - $30 tops.


This begs the questions of determing value of ebay goods. How does one determine the correct price for item spotted on ebay. I am sure that one can say a trained eye will know, but many people, myself included, are not built that way. Is there a guide book out there somewhere?

Alex
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo
This begs the questions of determing value of ebay goods. How does one determine the correct price for item spotted on ebay. I am sure that one can say a trained eye will know, but many people, myself included, are not built that way. Is there a guide book out there somewhere?

Alex

Value is a subjective concept determined by how much someone is willing to forego (in monetary or other resources) to acquire a good or service. Looking at historical prices of prior auctions is one way to approximate value on eBay but ultimately, it's how much something is worth to you. That particular suit is worth $0 to me but perhaps someone out there really likes it and is willing to pay $150 for it, though I doubt it. People have different wants, needs, resources... so value varies considerably. Some people will pay almost full retail for something (NWT) on eBay because they want it. I never pay more than 20-25% of retail for a NWT item unless I really need/want it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Any pointers on spoting fake Canali's on Ebay?