or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best fitting men's pant
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best fitting men's pant

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
Doing a new pant for active wear. Keeping a traditonal cut, but with 2% lycra. What pant do you think has the best fit?
post #2 of 25
I'm sorry but I don't understand. What is active wear? Like sports? Why lycra and why 2%? Why not 1% or 3%? And more importantly, if you're having pants made, why are you asking about fit? If it's RTW, then the best fitting pant is the one that fits you. I don't get it.
post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
I'm sorry but I don't understand. What is active wear? Like sports? Why lycra and why 2%? Why not 1% or 3%? And more importantly, if you're having pants made, why are you asking about fit? If it's RTW, then the best fitting pant is the one that fits you. I don't get it.

No, I'm doing a safari pant and want what the majority of people think is a good fit. 2% gives a good stretch without affecting the hand or making it body hugging.
post #4 of 25
Costume National makes the best fitting pants for my body. Slim, slightly tapered, and cupping in the seat.
post #5 of 25
While I have found Jil Sander, Prada, Zegna, etc. to a times have 2% or so of stretch fiber, to be very comfortable have not found the fit to be any different from other quality pants.
post #6 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
While I have found Jil Sander, Prada, Zegna, etc. to a times have 2% or so of stretch fiber, to be very comfortable have not found the fit to be any different from other quality pants.
In women's, I've found big differences in stretch vs. no-stretch fabrics. Given the lack of "Does this make my butt look big," from men I didn't think it would be as important.
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfny
No, I'm doing a safari pant and want what the majority of people think is a good fit. 2% gives a good stretch without affecting the hand or making it body hugging.

What's a safari pant? I am confused by your wording. When you say "I'm doing", does that mean you have the fabric and plan to have a tailor (or yourself) make these pants or simply buying OTR? If OTR, what if you find a great pair with like 5% lycra, will you dismiss them outright? Sorry, perhaps I should stay out of this thread then since I really don't get it.
post #8 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
What's a safari pant? I am confused by your wording. When you say "I'm doing", does that mean you have the fabric and plan to have a tailor (or yourself) make these pants or simply buying OTR? If OTR, what if you find a great pair with like 5% lycra, will you dismiss them outright? Sorry, perhaps I should stay out of this thread then since I really don't get it.

No, I have a line of hot weather clothing. Wanted to get a good fit on my men's trouser. 2% because I've found it the best active amount of stretch without succumbing to the African iron (flame fueled.)
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfny
No, I have a line of hot weather clothing. Wanted to get a good fit on my men's trouser. 2% because I've found it the best active amount of stretch without succumbing to the African iron (flame fueled.)

OK, sorry but I'll stop crowding this thread with my useless posts because I seem to have no clue what this is about. Best of luck in your search.
post #10 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
OK, sorry but I'll stop crowding this thread with my useless posts because I seem to have no clue what this is about. Best of luck in your search.
Please let me know what is the best fitting pant you've seen.
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfny
Please let me know what is the best fitting pant you've seen.

I like Express' slim and bootcut odd trousers - slim, ever-so-slightly flared at the bottom, with enough space for an ass. Incotex is also supposed to have great, more straight-leg trousers.
post #12 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I like Express' slim and bootcut odd trousers - slim, ever-so-slightly flared at the bottom, with enough space for an ass. Incotex is also supposed to have great, more straight-leg trousers.
Thanks for the input! Will check it out tom.
post #13 of 25
in my experience, I've consistently had the best no-alterations luck with Boss, specifically the James Brown. Flat front, but not made for Hedi Slimane's favorite stick model.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfny
Please let me know what is the best fitting pant you've seen.

I can't see how this will be helpful to you because fit varies so much between individuals but here goes: I just bought a pair of Baldessarini charcoal flannel pants that fit me great. Also, I am wearing a pair of Malo cotton pants that fit great (but they were altered in the seat and waist). Incotex are very nice pants but I find many styles too slim fitting. My Samuelsohn pants fit great too but again required some alterations. None of these have any lycra though. I think I have a pair of Hugo Boss pants with some lycra but I haven't worn them in a long time. The fit is so-so. Good luck!
post #15 of 25
Thread Starter 
Anyone comment on the current fit for the Gap or BR? For women, they actually have a nice fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Best fitting men's pant