or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Express
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Express - Page 3

post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
A few years ago, Express made a premium tailored clothing line that was badass, but WAY too expensive. I bought a couple of the shirts at 80% off and they were still like $40, but they were really nice. I have a blue bengal stripe and a white shirt with blue stripes that are killer.

I have a couple of those shirts that I bought for pretty low prices.

The fabrics are really nice on those shirts - I've seen some of the EXACT fabrics on the Jantzen website, and also on some moderately high-end RTW dress shirts ($150-$250).
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I have a couple of those shirts that I bought for pretty low prices.

The fabrics are really nice on those shirts - I've seen some of the EXACT fabrics on the Jantzen website, and also on some moderately high-end RTW dress shirts ($150-$250).

yeah, two of them are some of my favs, not as nice as my CF, Attolini, Borreli, or Kitons, but probably pretty close to RLPL (Lorenzini) or Turnbull/Assers
post #33 of 40
Express Design Studio is just Express. It's not their briefly lived high end line.
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Express Design Studio is just Express. It's not their briefly lived high end line.

Well whatever. I'm partial to good clothes wherever they come form.

I just wish they put better buttons on their clothes...gr...
post #35 of 40
I worked at Express from 03 - 05 or so, before I was offerred internships. Most of your comments are pretty much correct. The jeans are crap, generally though they did release two nice jeans which were both made in italy and had some heavier denim which they claimed was japanese but I can't say I really checked into that. The jeans themselves were more modern cut one was cut almost exactly like a Zathan and other like a Rabox. I think at one of of our meetings it was even admitted that they had basically copied the designs. I scored one of each of them when they went to 50% off and still weren't selling well.

Most of the quality of their stuff is crap. For basics the charcoal suiting got me through my first interview and though its fused and I've moved onto better for four hundred dollars you could do a lot worse considering that the suit is at least cut on the slim side compared ot most stuff in that price range.

The premium shirting / jackets they had done was put into effect at the end of my time there. At the same time they were selling actual sterling silver double sided links and some other pieces that were really nice. Those shirts were all made in Italy and if you own one it will say something to that point on the inside collar. My problem with there shirts were they were always S-XL and never in arm / neck sizes. Sadly the upper end line was basically a flop as no one was going ot pay the original cost of 60 - 80 dollars for a shirt. What you expect of mall shoppers really? Most people commented that they were really nice tried them on saw the price and then said well not so much. I haven't been back to re-evaluate the new stuff. I am guessing you could do worse for basic stuff but in general its not mind blowing by any means.
post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomeLoire
I worked at Express from 03 - 05 or so, before I was offerred internships. Most of your comments are pretty much correct. The jeans are crap, generally though they did release two nice jeans which were both made in italy and had some heavier denim which they claimed was japanese but I can't say I really checked into that. The jeans themselves were more modern cut one was cut almost exactly like a Zathan and other like a Rabox. I think at one of of our meetings it was even admitted that they had basically copied the designs. I scored one of each of them when they went to 50% off and still weren't selling well.

Most of the quality of their stuff is crap. For basics the charcoal suiting got me through my first interview and though its fused and I've moved onto better for four hundred dollars you could do a lot worse considering that the suit is at least cut on the slim side compared ot most stuff in that price range.

The premium shirting / jackets they had done was put into effect at the end of my time there. At the same time they were selling actual sterling silver double sided links and some other pieces that were really nice. Those shirts were all made in Italy and if you own one it will say something to that point on the inside collar. My problem with there shirts were they were always S-XL and never in arm / neck sizes. Sadly the upper end line was basically a flop as no one was going ot pay the original cost of 60 - 80 dollars for a shirt. What you expect of mall shoppers really? Most people commented that they were really nice tried them on saw the price and then said well not so much. I haven't been back to re-evaluate the new stuff. I am guessing you could do worse for basic stuff but in general its not mind blowing by any means.

The highest premium line did come in S-XL but it was a lot more than $60-80, it was at least $120-150, but was pretty damn good. I saw a lot of people looking at it then seeing the price tag and were like WTF!
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Their denim is seriously garbage IMO. You're better off shopping for denim at Old Navy, at least it's cheap, although you can pick up Express denim at Marshall's sometimes for $9.99. For that price, it might be a good deal to cut into rags for cleaning my tile floor or something of the sort.
You should consider taking some constipation pills.
post #38 of 40
Most of their stuff is garbage, however the Producer pant is far and away the best pair of pants in that price range. The quality leaves a lot to be desired, but they fit me and look better than pants that I've tried on for triple the price.

MX shirts aren't bad if you can get them for $20. Yeah, the collar is awful, but a big gaudy collar looks alright with a v-neck and the color selection is nice.
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
You should consider taking some constipation pills.

Constipation would be the least of your problems while wearing Express jeans.
post #40 of 40
I had a 30 dollar gift card from Express (for participating in a survey) and I could never find anything to spend it on. I knew that it would eventually expire, so after about 10 months I went and bought 30 dollars worth of socks. I had something like 4 dollars left on it.. so I binned it.

The only non-sock item from express that I own are a few pocket T's that I wear when I work on my car. They cost 5 bucks when they have sales and are comfy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Express