• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Panta Endorsement.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the wake of the 2010 Esquire BDRM Debacle, ed was kind enough to send me a complimentary Panta pair. I've been wearing them about town, and they're phenomenal.
Pre-emptive defenses: (1) yes, they do appear criminally short, but that is less due to iGent-no break, and more so due to the long johns hiding underneath (20degree weather); (2) yes, the sports coat pulls a bit also.

sidebar: god bless the Armoury for those G&Gs. I'm starting to do more shopping via SF than I do in real life.

lgm-december-1-of-8.jpg

lgm-december-5-of-8.jpg

lgm-december-8-of-8.jpg

more over at lessgentlemen.​

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20 degrees? Buy an overcoat!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am constantly impressed by your pics. You are sharp in a way that seems realistic and not cartoonish (verging on costume is one of my chief complaints about many WAYWRN posters).

Who makes that sportcoat?

Merlino

Reaction score
Great outfit. The SC looks a bit tight indeed, but that, I guess, may be due to the scarf you're wearing?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking great man! This is one of the few instances I've liked a tie knot other than a FIH. Awesome stuff...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see many folks on this board that have an eye toward more classic styling cringe at the way some of your clothes fit, and of course fit is all part of style, blah blah blah...but at the end of the day, you have such a cool vibe and swagger as part of your style and your ability to put things together makes others with their perfectly draping pants, divot-less shoulders, soporific ties and draped chests look irrelevant. Of course, you'd look that much better if you addressed some of the fit issues.
smile.gif

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woe.............any specific details as to why these rank high for you? Cut? Fabric?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say my bit, which I suspect will be an unpopular opinion.

I honestly believe you need to try out a more subdued look, and first work towards refining the fit of your clothes. You would certainly catch my attention on the street, given the nature of the ensembles you choose. But I would walk by you thinking "Bergdorf Goodman / Barneys / Saks 5A salesman" and not necessarily as someone whose style I admire. Bold outfits coupled with a sub-par fit would lead me to such a conclusion.

As I've said in the past, I really admire your enthusiasm for our common hobby, and the 'lifestyle shots' (I mean that in a good way) are enjoyable.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also posted this in WAYWRN. I think the outfit is wonderfully stylish and I love it it. However, I think that jacket is a good one size small. I thought maybe a sweater or something was beneath it, but I don't see one. Either way, you pull it off with sheer panache' and I really dig it. I see your friend the pro photographer is back on the scene too.

Great look,

Mike

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I honestly believe you need to try out a more subdued look, and first work towards refining the fit of your clothes. You would certainly catch my attention on the street, given the nature of the ensembles you choose. But I would walk by you thinking "Bergdorf Goodman / Barneys / Saks 5A salesman" and not necessarily as someone whose style I admire. Bold outfits coupled with a sub-par fit would lead me to such a conclusion.

this is fair advice.
in short: 'walk before you run.
makes a lot of sense.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
woe.............any specific details as to why these rank high for you? Cut? Fabric?

I found the cut to be quite slim, but not uncomfortably so. IMO Comparable to the few higher-end Mabitex that I own. It also has some beautiful buttoning. I should actually include detail shots of the pant/fabric itself.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I think the outfit is wonderfully stylish and I love it it. However, I think that jacket is a good one size small. I thought maybe a sweater or something was beneath it, but I don't see one.

Thanks Mike. This seems to be the general consensus, and I don't disagree. It's an MTM piece that hasn't been altered any further yet, but I think it could do with a return trip to see if it can be taken out some in the waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads