or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can you wear a pocket square to a law school party?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can you wear a pocket square to a law school party? - Page 3  

post #31 of 102
double post
post #32 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
This thread makes me wonder how to do the Amjack look then without looking Amjack.

start a thread?
post #33 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
This thread makes me wonder how to do the Amjack look then without looking Amjack.

post #34 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
There are no depths to which josepidal will go to post some senseless drivel on the forum. If we're not discussing ad nauseum rlpl mackays we're picking out his socks for the weekend.
post #35 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
This thread makes me wonder how to do the Amjack look then without looking Amjack.

Well, some nice jeans, a button down, and a sportscoat would do nicely.
A backbone would help fill out the coat, topped off with some independent thought.
post #36 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Well, some nice jeans, a button down, and a sportscoat would do nicely.
A backbone would help fill out the coat, topped off with some independent thought.

But would you wear a pocket square with that?
post #37 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay.
There are no depths to which josepidal will go to post some senseless drivel on the forum. If we're not discussing ad nauseum rlpl mackays we're picking out his socks for the weekend.

The guy has a ratio of (# threads started)/(# total posts) = 1/6 !!
Can anyone compete with that?! Not even menswarehouseimageconsultantdude !
post #38 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203
But would you wear a pocket square with that?
Of course not, that would throw off the balance. Perhaps a nice ascot? Dammit!! I shouldn't have suggested that. Now we'll have to decide what material, color, and weight that ascot should be and whether one from Italy is indeed a better value than one made in China. My bad.
post #39 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal

This thread makes me wonder how to do the Amjack look then without looking Amjack.

Who cares!? You're neither, so there's no need to worry about it.
post #40 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
I think you're sprending far too much time analyzing how you dress in order to fit in and not enough time getting some Grade A New England tail! C'mon man, snap out of it! You are in an area with the highest concentration of female students anywhere. You have your whole life to worry about pocket squares but only this year to create some kickass memories of wild, carefree fornication that will keep you grinning in your old age.

Apparently you've not heard of Southern California

As far as pocket square, jeans, sports coat... who cares? Really now? I've trawled up and down the party street at my campus in jeans, sports-coat and (gasp) pocket square. The only comments I've gotten (and a fair amount of them) are positive. Now I make a conscience choice to wear my less formal blazers and sports coats when going out to said parties. But the pocket square attracts attention, good attention, and I'm happy with that.

Besides having a blazer on normally gives you a nice discrete place for the prophylactic.
post #41 of 102
You know, it's not mandatory that everyone read and respond to every thread. You can always ignore threads that don't interest you.
Several people have already expressed the view that Jose needs to develop a little more security and sense of personal style and look a little less for validation from this forum. Beyond that, the "look how self-assured and clever I am, as demonstrated by how contemptously and insultingly I can pile onto the Jose-slap-fest" starts to look petty and infantile, imho.
post #42 of 102
Wear 1. Fuck it, wear 3. Make 'em all pink. Tie a couple of the fuckers on your hands while your at it:



post #43 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
You know, it's not mandatory that everyone read and respond to every thread. You can always ignore threads that don't interest you.
Several people have already expressed the view that Jose needs to develop a little more security and sense of personal style and look a little less for validation from this forum. Beyond that, the "look how self-assured and clever I am, as demonstrated by how contemptously and insultingly I can pile onto the Jose-slap-fest" starts to look petty and infantile, imho.

Yes and no. It may help carry the point across in a more effective way than the previous instances you are referring to
post #44 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc237
I would strongly urge you to not wear a pocket square. People are already paying an inordinate amount of attention to how you dress, how you speak, and how you write. Anything that draws additional attention is to be discouraged. Instead, I would suggest you concentrate on identifying what the popular students wear and try to copy the colors, styles, and fit as precisely as possible. Of course, this extends to making sure that you know the clubs and bars in which they hang out, the drinks they order, and the food selections they make. At all costs, seek to avoid individuality; it will only bring derision.
Avoid date-rapes; they will not gloss it over for you.
post #45 of 102
The question is why are you mixing terms here? A Law School... party?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can you wear a pocket square to a law school party?