• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds shoes at $150?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A shoe store nearby is having a major after Christmas sale. I've heard such positive thigns about Allen Edmonds and I want to buy another pair of brown shoes. Some of the pairs that I'm looking at started at $250 while others go up to as much as $289. They are currently on sale and selling for around $150. Is that worth it for AE shoes or can I find better deals? I've never purchased a pair of AE before. Also a major concern for me is that the soles are leather and I work in a restaurant and it may be an issue of ware...

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dieselman89
A shoe store nearby is having a major after Christmas sale. I've heard such positive thigns about Allen Edmonds and I want to buy another pair of brown shoes. Some of the pairs that I'm looking at started at $250 while others go up to as much as $289. They are currently on sale and selling for around $150. Is that worth it for AE shoes or can I find better deals? I've never purchased a pair of AE before. Also a major concern for me is that the soles are leather and I work in a restaurant and it may be an issue of ware...

Do you know the model? Either way, it's a really good deal. You generally won't find it any cheaper brand new at that price.

Chargersfan

Reaction score
It's too bad that the administrators of this site did not include a search function in its webpage....oppps, there it is....

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! $150 is a very good deal. If you are really worried about wear, have a local cobbler put a rubber topy on the bottom of the shoe, should last much longer. Most Allen Edmonds come with a rubber heel anyway so that's even less to worry about. So yes, buy a pair and enjoy

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a good deal. You can't even get seconds for this price most of the time.
If you work in a restaurant, you're on your feet all the time. Comfort might be a more important concern than wear. I wouldn't call AEs the most comfortable shoes, make sure you try them on properly, and that you can imagine standing in them for 8 hours straight.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
Yes, it's a good deal. You can't even get seconds for this price most of the time.
If you work in a restaurant, you're on your feet all the time. Comfort might be a more important concern than wear. I wouldn't call AEs the most comfortable shoes, make sure you try them on properly, and that you can imagine standing in them for 8 hours straight.

That's def a major concern regarding comfort. Thanks
For the heads up

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great price. Depending on the model you should buy them for when you're not a waiter.

apesNapes

Reaction score
given the turn this thread has taken... What is a good brown shoe with a rubber sole, that is nice enough for a more formal biz cas environment? Is taking pair of AE or similar to the cobbler for rubber soles the best? I was looking at paraboots but didn't like the style.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood

how can you tell if the shoes are firsts or seconds?
are they marked somehow?

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apesNapes
given the turn this thread has taken... What is a good brown shoe with a rubber sole, that is nice enough for a more formal biz cas environment? Is taking pair of AE or similar to the cobbler for rubber soles the best? I was looking at paraboots but didn't like the style.
AE also makes an orthotic line -- I recently ordered a pair of AE Parliaments that have been good so far:
Parliament_Saddle_Brown.jpg
Also, what the hell is a formal business casual environment?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads