or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Friday WAYWRN Challenge 12/31/10 - As decided by TTO....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Friday WAYWRN Challenge 12/31/10 - As decided by TTO.... - Page 3

post #31 of 55
I think the wild card should go to Doc Holiday.
post #32 of 55
D'oh! Just saw this. I'm glad the rules have been adjusted; I'm not sure if I'll be wearing another suit till next year. Wild Card should be Reevolving. Just because.
post #33 of 55
If Reevolving wins, he wont show up, just post a litany of excuses...
post #34 of 55
This is gonna be cool, because I think people should pick a photo that best exemplifies their own personal style...loving it!
post #35 of 55
I haven't posted in WAYWRN in like three weeks, since I've mostly been either helping my inlaws with construction work or wearing the same festive Christmas outfit to various parties. So I'll be posting a new pic for sure. I even made a new, epic, soon-to-be-classic animated GIF for the occasion! I am humbled to be in the company of such greatness.
post #36 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
I even made a new, epic, soon-to-be-classic animated GIF for the occasion!

Hey, that was my trump!
post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
I'm not sure my dictionary gave me the right translation, but isn't that what's called safeguarding, Mr Holdfast? Covering oneself? Hedging?


"Hedging one's bets", probably.

As it happens, I've just had a lunch with a friend confirmed, so my get-out clause of not wanting to review the archives is now gone... I'll post whatever I wear to go to lunch as my entry. Unlikely to be a suit I think; but should be MC-acceptable though!
post #38 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
As it happens, I've just had a lunch with a friend confirmed, so my get-out clause of not wanting to review the archives is now gone... I'll post whatever I wear to go to lunch as my entry. Unlikely to be a suit I think; but should be MC-acceptable though!

And with this you just upped the bet you were hedging, right?
post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
And with this you just upped the bet you were hedging, right?
I lost my hedge of being able to dip into the archives in case of catastrophe. But the observant will have noted the new one in the lack of a suit. Always another line of defence...
post #40 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
I lost my hedge of being able to dip into the archives in case of catastrophe.

But the observant will have noted the new one in the lack of a suit.

Always another line of defence...

That's another way of looking at it (or perhaps I still have the Dutch term in mind which doesn't correspond to the English one): if things went terribly wrong* while you still had your complete archive to your disposal as a backup, there was nowhere to run or hide. But now you can blame the hypothetical disaster to the fact that you didn't have the chance to pick something special for the challenge, but simply had to go with what you were wearing. (Does that make sense?)

*) Don't ask why that would happen"”I'm speaking purely hypothetical of course.
post #41 of 55
Thread Starter 
Im fairly certain you all know what look I am going to post, right?
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Im fairly certain you all know what look I am going to post, right?
http://www.osusilverbullet.com/uploa...874843.jpg?428
I am seeing Tom Ford and the Number 3.....
post #43 of 55
Well, I am the Wildcard.

So, if I use an "archival" fit, can I re-shoot it? I was thinking of using one from this summer that really encapsulates my style, but I only have iPhone pics.

Would it be strange/cheating if I dug it out and re-shot it?

Mike
post #44 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post
Well, I am the Wildcard.

So, if I use an "archival" fit, can I re-shoot it? I was thinking of using one from this summer that really encapsulates my style, but I only have iPhone pics.

Would it be strange/cheating if I dug it out and re-shot it?

Mike

Nope - any picture tomorrow - old, new, reshot, etc... as long as its from 2010.
post #45 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post
I am seeing Tom Ford and the Number 3.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Friday WAYWRN Challenge 12/31/10 - As decided by TTO....