Originally Posted by erikl
I found this thread helpful before purchasing the moc wedges in black almost a year ago. A couple things I'd add:
- the stitching work on these shoes is awesome and bombproof
- the comfort is excellent
- the price can't be beat, these are *almost* redwing moc-toe killers
- leather is heavily oiled and feels like it'll last virtually forever. low maintenance and looks the business in black.
- the midsole material is rubber, not leather (it's colored to look like leather but it isn't... not a huge deal but worth noting)
- Cristy outsole wears fast, the in-house Max-Wear sole Thorogood is using on the other boots is surely a step up
- the leather doesn't wick at all because it is so heavily oiled
. Interior climate is moist and clammy over the course of a full day, of which I've spent many working on my feet in these shoes.
- the insole is supportive, but is synthetic, hot, and does not wick. switched mine out w/ a leather one.
All things considered these are a super value for as low as $100 shipped if you know where to look. I will get these resoled with some sort of Vibram commando sole soon.