or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Brady vs. Manning: The Final Battle
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brady vs. Manning: The Final Battle - Page 9

post #121 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
In fairness its a very very old city.

Good point. Chicago, LA, Philadelphia, and Dallas were mere cowpaths when Boston won the very first World Series in 1903.
post #122 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post
After this season, Brady will have 2 MVPs to Manning's three. Not a huge difference.

And there's little doubt that Manning is the media darling of the two. Something which has clearly affected your judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post
What does this even mean?

Sorry, the convo drifted to Wilt/Russell and Wilt's perceived lack of commitment.



This really isn't true, since Brady is superior in a number of statistical areas and also owns a variety of season records over Manning.

But if it were true, by your logic Manning > Montana. Do you really believe that?

Are we really going to discuss Manning stats against anyone currently playing? He'll own the majority of them by the end. Manning> Montana? Certainly a conversation. Montana and Brady are regularly compared and the one think they have in common is an absolute genius of the sidelines. Walsh or BB-greatest ever IMO
post #123 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxpats View Post
You know for a FACT? Really? How do you know that for a fact? You must be the supreme judge of NFL talent. Funny how Manning has only one 1 SB and Brady has 3. Yet Manning is better in the postseason? Also Manning has almost always had better and more consistent talent around him as well as much more stable Coordinators. You don't think that has been an advantage.

Which are you debating. Stats are FACT. And by the stats, as far as the QB position goes, there is nothing Brady does that Manning hasn't. How can you even bring up coaching staff when BB is in the all-time greatest convo. I think based on KC's success with Romeo and Weiss, NE coordinators weren't too shabby when they are just a cog in the system. Talent? You bring up SB's but fall to mention that the NE defense was always superior. I think as evidenced by letting Moss go, the system is what fuels the machine more so than pure talent. I don't remember Harrison's talent really paying off when those NE DB's popped him in the mouth a few times. And honestly, that's a system too. When Branch left for $ he was exposed as pedestrian. Who on the Colts O has gone on to continued success after leaving?
post #124 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Hamilton View Post
Which are you debating. Stats are FACT. And by the stats, as far as the QB position goes, there is nothing Brady does that Manning hasn't. How can you even bring up coaching staff when BB is in the all-time greatest convo. I think based on KC's success with Romeo and Weiss, NE coordinators weren't too shabby when they are just a cog in the system. Talent? You bring up SB's but fall to mention that the NE defense was always superior. I think as evidenced by letting Moss go, the system is what fuels the machine more so than pure talent. I don't remember Harrison's talent really paying off when those NE DB's popped him in the mouth a few times. And honestly, that's a system too. When Branch left for $ he was exposed as pedestrian. Who on the Colts O has gone on to continued success after leaving?

Impossible to argue with this level of stupid.
post #125 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post
Impossible to argue with this level of stupid.

Your raging homerism disturbs me.
post #126 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post
Impossible to argue with this level of stupid.

You are correct. Brady 3 Manning 1 and that's the bottom line. Brady is the big game quarterback and anyone that wants to be a winner or is a winner would want him and recognize that.
post #127 of 286
This note was tough to follow. It looks like your point might be both Colts and Patriots have players that did not do much after they left their teams?

Manning is a great QB and is considered to have the stronger arm. Not sure if he is Manning is actually a better runner or has better quickness to elude the rush. Their are QBs that are considered even more physically gifted than Manning that have never won anything in the NFL.

Drew Bledsoe was considered to be a far superior athelete than Brady, yet the Patriots could not win with him at the helm. They won with Brady. 3 Super Bowls with Brady and came within a hair of winning a 4th. He was QB for the offense that scored the most points in NFL history. It's silly to think all of that is because of BB.

I think this might be closer to the average on NFL teams that have had much success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Hamilton View Post
Which are you debating. Stats are FACT. And by the stats, as far as the QB position goes, there is nothing Brady does that Manning hasn't. How can you even bring up coaching staff when BB is in the all-time greatest convo. I think based on KC's success with Romeo and Weiss, NE coordinators weren't too shabby when they are just a cog in the system. Talent? You bring up SB's but fall to mention that the NE defense was always superior. I think as evidenced by letting Moss go, the system is what fuels the machine more so than pure talent. I don't remember Harrison's talent really paying off when those NE DB's popped him in the mouth a few times. And honestly, that's a system too. When Branch left for $ he was exposed as pedestrian. Who on the Colts O has gone on to continued success after leaving?
post #128 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
i concur, only ali was more overrated as a superstar

Complete bullshit. Ali 1964-67 beat the best available and was peerless. Ali 1970-77 beat(or eventually beat) everyone put in front of him (except Jimmy Young, Leon Spinks). If he's overated it's because you expected a level of perfection at that point in his career that NO ONE ELSE was bringing either.

Wilt was best athlete/ BBall player of his era and then some bar none, Russel won championships and those Boston teams were like family to each other. Look at the interviews with Havlicek, Russel, Tommy Heinsohn Sam or K.C. Jones. Your answers are right there. Boston fans would not have traded Russ for Wilt, we liked winning championships too much. George Gervin was the greatest scorer I ever saw but I didn't want him on the Celts, I wanted The Pistol because he scored AND passed.
post #129 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post
Good point. Chicago, LA, Philadelphia, and Dallas were mere cowpaths when Boston won the very first World Series in 1903.

Philly not so much sports wise, but I think we can all agree that championships begin in NY

post #130 of 286
Ginger or Mary Ann?
post #131 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Ginger or Mary Ann?

You can have both. NFL teams have not yet devised a way to have both Brady and Manning at QB.
post #132 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxpats View Post
You are correct. Brady 3 Manning 1 and that's the bottom line. Brady is the big game quarterback and anyone that wants to be a winner or is a winner would want him and recognize that.
Just out of curiosity, who in your opinion was the better baseball player, Ted Williams or Joe DiMaggio?
post #133 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post
Just out of curiosity, who in your opinion was the better baseball player, Ted Williams or Joe DiMaggio?

Since I didn't see them play I don't know. I have been watching Manning and Brady long enough to have an opinion on them. I would say DiMaggio but that isn't an opinion based on watching them.
post #134 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post
Just out of curiosity, who in your opinion was the better baseball player, Ted Williams or Joe DiMaggio?

I'd say as a player Ted Williams was better. certainly the better hitter, DiMaggio the better defender
post #135 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxpats View Post
I would say DiMaggio but that isn't an opinion based on watching them.

lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Brady vs. Manning: The Final Battle