or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Brady vs. Manning: The Final Battle
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brady vs. Manning: The Final Battle - Page 8

post #106 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
I'm always right. You'll figure that out.



No one has to prove you wrong as you continue to do so on your own. Your always wrong actually.
post #107 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
What time frame do you use? Last 10 years have been good to Boston with RedSox, Celtics, Patriots

80's: Celtics 3 championships, Sox lose Series, Bruins in Stanley Cup, Pats in 2 Superbowls70s: Celtic & Bruin championships, Sox Series
60's Celtics dominate,

I am sure there are other cities (like the 2 largest, LA & NY with multiple teams) that compare to that track record but not too many of them.

1 Superbowl, and that one was at that time the most lopsided SB of all time. Not only were you beaten, but the team that beat you wrote a rap song about how they were going to beat you in the SB. Sox lose series is an understatement. Nobody cares about hockey. Also, I like the way you keep saying "Sox in series" if being good to you means that they almost won...then I'll let you have it.

EDIT: Ask the Buffalo Bills if the 80's were good for them. They kept coming close too. Also the Patriots have won all three of their SB by a total of 9 points. Just good enough I guess.
post #108 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
Are we supposed to be pretending that Peyton Manning couldn't have won 3 Superbowls with the Patriots?

If you can't win a Superbowl with Clark, Wayne, Harrison, and Edge, why would you be able to win it with a bunch of players that became irrelevant the moment they left the pats?

Unless you're saying billy boy is the reason behind all the rings?
post #109 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike View Post
Unless you're saying billy boy is the reason behind all the rings?
No. Coaches and defenses don't matter. It's only about three or four players that win Superbowls.
post #110 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Also, I like the way you keep saying "Sox in series" if being good to you means that they almost won...then I'll let you have it.

I know you are just a troll, but:



LOL.
post #111 of 286
^ I don't understand you point.
post #112 of 286
AFC Finalist? LOL
post #113 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
AFC Finalist? LOL



THat is actually quite funny. I guess that's better then winning 3 SB's by 9 points. Only in Indy do they celebrate AFC Finalist! What a joke!
post #114 of 286


How embarrassing! That's like when you are in a science fair in middle school and everyone else is doing volcanoes and shit and all you do is a fucking potato grown over a cup of water. You get the little "participant" ribbon.
post #115 of 286
It's such a pointless argument since it's a team game. I know for a fact as a player, Manning's talent is superior to Brady and there is no question in terms of commitment. I don't need to knock Brady to boost Manning. But NE and now KC show me that there is a clear blueprint to this team success. That is to be admired. However as individuals the stats don't bare out in Brady's favor even when you take into account Manning's played longer. And for all this postseason stuff, fact is Manning has always statistically proven to be equal or better.
post #116 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Hamilton View Post
It's such a pointless argument since it's a team game. I know for a fact as a player, Manning's talent is superior to Brady and there is no question in terms of commitment.

What does this even mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Hamilton View Post
I don't need to knock Brady to boost Manning. But NE and now KC show me that there is a clear blueprint to this team success. That is to be admired. However as individuals the stats don't bare out in Brady's favor even when you take into account Manning's played longer. And for all this postseason stuff, fact is Manning has always statistically proven to be equal or better.

This really isn't true, since Brady is superior in a number of statistical areas and also owns a variety of season records over Manning.

But if it were true, by your logic Manning > Montana. Do you really believe that?
post #117 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Hamilton View Post
It's such a pointless argument since it's a team game. I know for a fact as a player, Manning's talent is superior to Brady and there is no question in terms of commitment. I don't need to knock Brady to boost Manning. But NE and now KC show me that there is a clear blueprint to this team success. That is to be admired. However as individuals the stats don't bare out in Brady's favor even when you take into account Manning's played longer. And for all this postseason stuff, fact is Manning has always statistically proven to be equal or better.
You know for a FACT? Really? How do you know that for a fact? You must be the supreme judge of NFL talent. Funny how Manning has only one 1 SB and Brady has 3. Yet Manning is better in the postseason? Also Manning has almost always had better and more consistent talent around him as well as much more stable Coordinators. You don't think that has been an advantage.
post #118 of 286
I was responding to your point about Boston being a relevant sports town. I think a team playing for the championship is relevant. More importantly there are plenty of championships in that city through the decades.

You are right about the 80's for Patriots as I was thinking about their loss to the Packers. They got beaten pretty badly in that one as well But again, I think an appearance is the Superbowl counts as "relevant"

I don't kow how the Patriots winning 3 superbowls by a totasl of 9 points makes them irrevelant in the sports world. Ask the Buffalo fans if thetre city was more relevant this decade or the 80's or now.

I am not claiming here that Boston is the best sports town. I am just pointing out that they have teams through the decades that make it a relevant to the sports world.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
1 Superbowl, and that one was at that time the most lopsided SB of all time. Not only were you beaten, but the team that beat you wrote a rap song about how they were going to beat you in the SB. Sox lose series is an understatement. Nobody cares about hockey. Also, I like the way you keep saying "Sox in series" if being good to you means that they almost won...then I'll let you have it.

EDIT: Ask the Buffalo Bills if the 80's were good for them. They kept coming close too. Also the Patriots have won all three of their SB by a total of 9 points. Just good enough I guess.
post #119 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post

I am not claiming here that Boston is the best sports town. I am just pointing out that they have teams through the decades that make it a relevant to the sports world.

But it is the best sports town. With the exception of New York, what town has more championships? On a per capita basis, Boston is ahead there too.
post #120 of 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post
But it is the best sports town. With the exception of New York, what town has more championships? On a per capita basis, Boston is ahead there too.

In fairness its a very very old city.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Brady vs. Manning: The Final Battle