or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › GJ Cleverley Pigskin Leather?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GJ Cleverley Pigskin Leather? - Page 2

post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Got it - thanks for the info.

if you want any more pictures let me know i can try and do a few more over the Xmas hol's for you?
post #17 of 43
Those look great, very interesting texture. Why is pigskin not more commonly available in upper tier shoes? Hard to work with, doesn't wear well, some other factor?
post #18 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
if you want any more pictures let me know i can try and do a few more over the Xmas hol's for you?

Thanks luk-cha. I think the pics you've already posted are very helpful. If its easy, a couple more showing the skin in a recent shined state would be cool.
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Those look great, very interesting texture. Why is pigskin not more commonly available in upper tier shoes? Hard to work with, doesn't wear well, some other factor?

no idea i know of a maker that use pig skin in their MTO offerings and als Bill Amberg and Picket like it for luggage and other SLG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Thanks luk-cha. I think the pics you've already posted are very helpful. If its easy, a couple more showing the skin in a recent shined state would be cool.

sure i will see what i can do you you, i think there might be more picture in the mean time on the BS porn thread
post #20 of 43
Here's some MTO's in Black Pig Skin. G&G Derwent with 2 eyelets as MTO request.
LL
LL
LL
Reply
Reply
post #21 of 43
Thread Starter 
Very cool - thanks Nick
post #22 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Very cool - thanks Nick

ET which or what are you planning to get?

link or picture pls
post #23 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
ET which or what are you planning to get?

link or picture pls

No specific pic in mind - it'll be a slip on (side-elastic bands covered with leather strips) with a balmoral and a medallion on the toe.

Will have to wait till the Spring though as GJC needs to do up a new last for slip-ons
post #24 of 43
Jeez... something else to add to my Want list.
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Will have to wait till the Spring though as GJC needs to do up a new last for slip-ons

You might want to check that with Cleverley's.

I'm pretty certain a 'side-elastic' shoe is made on an ordinary shoe last,
not on a last for 'casuals' (loafers) as the side-elastic shoe closes much higher



than the average loafer:



Equally, the 'elastic on instep' utilizes an ordinary last:

post #26 of 43
^The last one is easily my favorite shoe style. I'm surprised it isn't more popular here.
post #27 of 43
Thread Starter 
Thanks Bengal. I shall check.

^JL has that style as a RTW model.
post #28 of 43
LOVE CLEVERLEY. They have some beautiful styles.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
You might want to check that with Cleverley's.

I'm pretty certain a 'side-elastic' shoe is made on an ordinary shoe last,
not on a last for 'casuals' (loafers) as the side-elastic shoe closes much higher



than the average loafer:



Equally, the 'elastic on instep' utilizes an ordinary last:

post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon5986 View Post
LOVE CLEVERLEY. They have some beautiful styles.........

Sorry - those shoes are not Cleverley. --- The pictures are from John Lobb, London (I should have mentioned that):

http://johnlobbltd.co.uk/
post #30 of 43
Bengal, didn't Bic have a pair of derbies made up in a wild boar or pig skin?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › GJ Cleverley Pigskin Leather?