• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Netflix instant movie suggestions

abeezy21

Reaction score
Anyone have any good netflix movie suggestions ? Here's a few that I watched recently that are worth a look

1. Mayor of the Sunset Strip - Documentary about Rodney bingenheimer KROQ DJ and his life . Sad story but pretty good movie , especially if your into Rock music

2. The wild and wonderful Whites of west Virginia - not a movie about racists. Its about a crazy ass family in West Virginia and its made by Johnny Knoxvilles company and worth a watch if your into crazy people

3. Exit through the gift shop - Documentary about street artists such as Banksy and Sheppard Fairy. This is a must see if you're into art

abeezy21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mandrake9072
I was on a documentary kick for a bit. Two that I found to be quite good:

Touching the Void: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379557/
Man on Wire: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155592/

I love watching television shows via Instant Queue. It's how I found out about and caught up on Dexter, Lost, Prison Break, Coupling, Californication, and Top Gear

Those are 2 must see's as well especially Touching the Void. I keep hearing about Dexter, I'll give it a shot

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by abeezy21
Those are 2 must see's as well especially Touching the Void. I keep hearing about Dexter, I'll give it a shot

Introduced several friends to Dexter and all of them are hooked. Ironically, I'm still not fully caught up on the series. I finished the first two seasons via Instant Queue, but haven't watched further than that. I share account with distant family so I don't receive the DVD's myself.
ffffuuuu.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The early seasons of Dexter are quite good.

'The Talented Mr Ripley' is a really good movie

baba booey

Reaction score
Brooklyn's Finest...surprisingly good
Cold Souls w/ Paul Giamatti
Restrepo...I had high expectations going in...still decent but not quite as great as i would have thought.
Ondine
Julia

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flame and Citron

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jackie brown
pandorum
syriana
bronson -> this was seriously good

dont think most ppl would like these, but

yojimbo
human condition
tokyo story

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum

tokyo story

If you liked Bronson you should check out the director's other movies. Specifically, the Pusher trilogy. Tokyo Story is, without hyperbole, one of the greatest films in the history of the cinema. You should also check out Ozu's Good Morning, Late Spring, and I Was Born, But...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ozu's films are difficult to sit through, but afterwards they make you sit down and think

thanks for the recs

i just realized i've seen valhalla rising. i think i might try the pusher trilogy

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jekyll. Contemporary, British retelling of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Complete story is told in 6, one hour, episodes. It's brilliant and one of those hidden gems that everyone should see. Netflix has the whole thing up for streaming.
Jekyll%20(2006)44374_f.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work
Pretty good docu!

abeezy21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
jackie brown
pandorum
syriana

dont think most ppl would like these, but

yojimbo
human condition
tokyo story

just saw Bronson last night and liked it ... reminds me of that Movie "chopper" about Australia's most famous criminal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads