or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Netflix instant movie suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Netflix instant movie suggestions - Page 26

post #376 of 449



Finished this last night(Season 1.)
Highly recommend! Another well done British series.
post #377 of 449



Australian series that I stumbled on.
I really liked this. Mystery. Intrigue. Twists. Turns. Only 6 episodes. Finished it this wknd.
post #378 of 449
Blue Ruin - A grim, violent and thought-provoking revenge film that is well photographed. The story is minimalist but manages to have some interesting twists. Reminds me a bit of Peckinpah or early Terence Malick.
post #379 of 449
Decided to watch Kagemusha again. Always worth the time. Unfortunately it's now the only Kurosawa film on Netfilx.
post #380 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

Decided to watch Kagemusha again. Always worth the time. Unfortunately it's now the only Kurosawa film on Netfilx.

Hulu Plus has a lot of them.
post #381 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Blue Ruin - A grim, violent and thought-provoking revenge film that is well photographed. The story is minimalist but manages to have some interesting twists. Reminds me a bit of Peckinpah or early Terence Malick.

 

This was a surprisingly good film. Reminded me a bit of Blood Simple and Winter's Bone.

post #382 of 449
Just watched this last night. What a great movie! Thanks guys. Had not even heard of it, these are the best type of movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

This was a surprisingly good film. Reminded me a bit of Blood Simple and Winter's Bone.
post #383 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenRose View Post

Just watched this last night. What a great movie! Thanks guys. Had not even heard of it, these are the best type of movies

Check out A Simple Plan will Billy Paxton.

Also, The Ice Harvest - but skip the last two minutes.
post #384 of 449
I read the book; also saw the movie when it came out and remember not liking it. I'll have to give it another shot now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Check out A Simple Plan will Billy Paxton.

Also, The Ice Harvest - but skip the last two minutes.
post #385 of 449
Read and saw A Simple Plan. Movie is ok.
post #386 of 449
What the H? Ter, you are dead to me.
post #387 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

What the H? Ter, you are dead to me.

Y U say that? Movie was ok. You consider it great?
(My basic 3 categories: Shit/Ok/great.) so it's not a knock.
post #388 of 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Blue Ruin - A grim, violent and thought-provoking revenge film that is well photographed. The story is minimalist but manages to have some interesting twists. Reminds me a bit of Peckinpah or early Terence Malick.

Right down to Jan Brady with a TEC 9. Jeez.

I was going to recommend Big Bad Wolves as a film along these lines, but it got dropped off.
post #389 of 449
Weird, I had no idea that was Jan Brady. Not much of a role. Did she appear outside of that one scene?
post #390 of 449
Nope. Weird indeed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Netflix instant movie suggestions